tvos compilation problem

iOS, iPad, iPhone, tvOS specific usage questions
turbolag
New Cone
New Cone

Re: tvos compilation problem

Postby turbolag » 20 Jan 2016 03:58

Yea, that uploaded lib is missing bit code.

But compiling from the project (run the build script, then archive from Xcode) worked.

soullessff
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby soullessff » 26 Jan 2016 23:03

I've compiled running the build script and then archiving with Xcode but I got a framework without bitcode support. I did:

Code: Select all

# Clone the repo git clone http://code.videolan.org/videolan/VLCKit.git cd VLCKit # run the build script ./buildMobileVLCKit.sh -t # Archive with xcode xcodebuild -project "MobileVLCKit.xcodeproj" -target "TVVLCKit" -sdk appletvos9.1 -configuration Release ARCHS="arm64" IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=9.1 GCC_PREPROCESSOR_DEFINITIONS="" xcodebuild -project "MobileVLCKit.xcodeproj" -target "TVVLCKit" -sdk appletvsimulator9.1 -configuration Release ARCHS="x86_64" IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=9.1 GCC_PREPROCESSOR_DEFINITIONS="" # Create the framework cd build rm -rf TVVLCKit.framework mkdir TVVLCKit.framework lipo -create Release-appletvos/libTVVLCKit.a Release-appletvsimulator/libTVVLCKit.a -o TVVLCKit.framework/TVVLCKit chmod a+x TVVLCKit.framework/TVVLCKit cp -pr Release-appletvos/TVVLCKit TVVLCKit.framework/Headers
Can anybody help me please? Thanks

ssbmaccom
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes
Operating System: Mac OS, iOS, tvOS

Postby ssbmaccom » 28 Jan 2016 10:47

I found no way to trigger "Archive" from xcodebuild. Using Release configuration is different to Archive.

For testing the above result is fine, but of course for AppStore submission, bit code is required.
For now I open the Xcode project in Xcode and use "Project->Archive" manually.
Then check the "DerivedData" (name may be different, depends on preferences set in Xcode) and search the stripped library which then will include bit code.

If someone has a better idea, please share (except changing the configuration of the project, which would require a merge into the repository to become persistent and it would also apply to the other VLCKit targets).

Return to “VLC for iOS, iPadOS and Apple TV”