iOS, iPad, iPhone, tvOS specific usage questions
dgarmaise
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 3.0.3
Operating System: Mac OS

Re: Can't move videos into folders

Postby dgarmaise » 10 Jun 2018 03:27

I, too, would like to organize my videos into folders on VLC for iPad. But, unlike, some of the others here, i can't even get to the point where I can create a folder. When I click on the edit button, top right, no folders icon appears in the bottom left corner. I have VLC 3.0.3. I really have to find some way to organize my videos.

fablhof
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Can't move videos into folders

Postby fablhof » 15 Sep 2018 20:41

I'm having the same issue as everyone else.

I'm on my iPad (iOS 11.4.1)
VLC version 3.1.2 VLC for iOS

I transferred, via iTunes, 3 seasons of a TV show. I transferred each season at a separate time from the other. The seasons were in separate folders on my computer. When I moved the season 1 folder to iTunes via the file sharing function in iTunes, they transferred to VLC. When I transferred the next 2 seasons, they were all put in the same folder that was previously created. Now I have 39 files in a single folder. I created a new folder for Season 1. I went into the folder with all the files, clicked edit and selected a single episode (only alpha letters in the episode title), I then selected the "folder" icon in the bottom, near the left edge, selected the folder that I wanted to move them to (there was only that folder for me to select) and then the screen went back to all files without the episode being moved.

I did this a second time when I wasn't connected to iTunes to see if that made a difference and it didn't.

So, what now?

Return to “VLC for iOS, iPadOS and Apple TV”