Making a playlist from iPhone Local Files

iOS, iPad, iPhone, tvOS specific usage questions
Varjak
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Making a playlist from iPhone Local Files

Postby Varjak » 03 Jun 2024 22:43

I've Googled and found a few threads that touch on the issues I'm trying to solve and the VLC documentation helps a bit, but nothing answers this in full.

I'm using an iPhone 14 Pro Max and optimally would like to make playlists from Local Files on the phone rather than importing them to VLC. I think this would be more flexible if I want to play those files using another app, etc. and not duplicate files I have already downloaded from my NAS. Is this possible, or do I have to make my playlists only from files imported to VLC? I know I can open/play individual files from Local Files.

On a related note, I had some extra time while I was waiting for something and was playing around and managed to use VLC and the 'Network' options to import music files directly from my NAS (or so I thought). Now I can't figure out how I did that and VLC says it can't access my NAS. As far as I know, I didn't change anything. The documentation doesn't really provide much detail on that.

Varjak
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Making a playlist from iPhone Local Files

Postby Varjak » 26 Jul 2024 21:38

Has no one tried to do this? I would think it makes more sense to have central files and then create playlists from that, rather than import them into VLC where they can't be used by other apps.

Return to “VLC for iOS, iPadOS and Apple TV”