VLC 3.5 on Apple TV - Favorites

iOS, iPad, iPhone, tvOS specific usage questions
erikson
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLC 3.5 on Apple TV - Favorites

Postby erikson » 08 Mar 2024 15:50

First of all, thank you for your great work here :) .

But I (still) have two problems with favorites with version 3.5.6 on my Apple TV:

When I create a favorite for a folder that is on a (SMB) network drive on my NAS, I cannot play video in that folder via the favorite. The message "Please wait" appears briefly, then the folder contents are displayed again. If I open the videos 'normally', i.e. without using the favorites, playback works without any problems. Could this possibly be related to the login data, which is requested in the 'normal way' but not via the favorites?

I have also noticed that if I close VLC completely via the task switcher (i.e. wipe out the app), all favorites have disappeared when VLC is called up again.

vgoralski
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC 3.5 on Apple TV - Favorites

Postby vgoralski » 09 Mar 2024 08:39

VLC on tvOS is a godsend and I'm so thankful for this amazing solution for my ancient NAS with UPNP to serve media. I have the same problem with added Favorites disappearing though with the new version when the app is quit :/

seawolf
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC 3.5 on Apple TV - Favorites

Postby seawolf » 10 Mar 2024 07:42

I am also having this issue. I see all of the following oddities:

* create a favorite, leave the app, reboot (or force quit), restart the app, favorites are gone
* create a favorite on a folder within a password-protected share, leave the app, come back, sometimes (but not always) video files in folders within the favorite no longer open

Return to “VLC for iOS, iPadOS and Apple TV”