VLC for TVOS repeating tracks

iOS, iPad, iPhone, tvOS specific usage questions
gray
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLC for TVOS repeating tracks

Postby gray » 04 Jun 2023 11:08

After automatic upgrade to version 3.4.4, VLC now repeats tracks I play from my NAS. After selecting a folder, I choose track 1 which it plays and then moves on to track 2 but then repeats track 2 until I manually select another track, say, track 3 which it plays and then moves on to track 4 but then repeats track 4. I have checked all the settings and playback repeat is disabled. Changing these settings makes no difference.

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Re: VLC for TVOS repeating tracks

Postby fkuehne » 08 Jun 2023 13:19

Hello,

Sorry about that. This problem was fixed by version 3.4.5 last night.

Please update :)
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

gray
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: VLC for TVOS repeating tracks

Postby gray » 21 Jun 2023 09:29

Sorry I have taken a while to get back to you, I have been otherwise occupied.

It appears that the problem is not completely fixed. I haven't used VLC on my Apple TV often recently maybe 6-7 times. On 3 of those occasions I have experienced VLC repeating tracks randomly rather than as previously when it always repeated the second track played. Immediately after I updated to version 3.4.5 it played 8 tracks without repeating but then repeated the 9th track. The following day it did not repeat any track within the 1 hour listening session. Then, on one day it repeated the 7th track and yesterday it repeated the 4th track. So it doesn't occur in every playing session, but occasionally repeats which I guess will make it quite difficult to pin down the cause.

Return to “VLC for iOS, iPadOS and Apple TV”