Screen Mirroring Not Good 3.2.2

iOS, iPad, iPhone, tvOS specific usage questions
sndtubes
New Cone
New Cone

Screen Mirroring Not Good 3.2.2

Postby sndtubes » 11 Oct 2019 05:15

Just downloaded 3.2.2 for ios. I am running ios 13.1.2 on mu iphone 11 pro max. Using Apple TV with latest TVOs. I tried displaying an AVI video on Our TV. The first few minutes were smooth. Then major stuttering started. Switching video clips didn’t help. I played with the settings in VLC and nothing helped or changed. Any ideas?

bubu?
Developer
Developer
Operating System: macOS, iOS

Re: Screen Mirroring Not Good 3.2.2

Postby bubu? » 11 Oct 2019 08:33

Thank you for the report.

Are you encountering this issue only with a specific AVI video or doesn't it happen with other media as well?

If there is an issue with a specific media, could you be so kind and share it so that we can further investigate?
Soomin Lee - bubu

sndtubes
New Cone
New Cone

Postby sndtubes » 11 Oct 2019 17:16

It was happening with AVI videos. I restarted the phone after posting this. The problem seems to have straightened itself out for the time being. I watched an entire video afterwards without stuttering. And btw, it was major stuttering. The video would freeze for at least 2 seconds at a time before changing and would freeze again. As I said in the op, changing to a different video didn’t solve it. Restarting the phone may have. Hopefully it wont happen often.

sndtubes
New Cone
New Cone

Postby sndtubes » 12 Oct 2019 07:31

A little more info. It happened again. This time I got a phone call while casting to my tv. When I hung up and started casting again, the video badly stuttered. I tried shutting vlc down and starting again. It didn’t work. Only rebooting the phone worked. It seems to be something about the video being interrupted.

PhredE
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 2.2.8
Operating System: Win10Pro

Postby PhredE » 12 Oct 2019 16:07

'Screen Mirroring'? I suppose we could build a collective comment-point for 3.2.2 here, likely being the result of the same flaw.
I'm experiencing 3.2 all over again. Anyone else?
I get the sign-on box that now closes itself after authentication (the 3.2.1 problem) but now I'm getting the spinning wheel on the same two LAN clients that I got with 3.2. No shares are now appearing on two iPads running their respective latest iPadOSs, except on one of three LAN clients I am getting visibility and access.
Two iPads: no shares on two of three LAN PC clients. 3.2 all over again.
Both iPads have been power-cycled, and all shares are visible and accessible via Android 9 on a phone (with today's security updates, dated 1st October, 2019)). And between all three Windows 10s.
Trouble at mill?
PS Sign-on credentials are not being saved as written in the 3.2.2 sign-on box, as before.

I'm happy to report that the fault I was experiencing two hours ago, reported above, has corrected itself.
I could not get VLC for iOSetc to connect to shares on two of my three LAN PCs.
Two hours later, after a long time of its spinning wheel, the shares have appeared and contents are playable.
Note: there was a LONG wait for the shares to appear.
HTH

Return to “VLC for iOS, iPadOS and Apple TV”