iOS, iPad, iPhone, tvOS specific usage questions
Campdenhouse
New Cone
New Cone

Bluetooth audio Messed up

Postby Campdenhouse » 25 Sep 2017 03:52

VLC for iOS 2.8.2 on iOS 10.3

Problem started after this app update.

I use a couple of different Bluetooth headsets: Plantronivs BackBeats To Go and Bose QC35 and up until now it has worked perfectly.

With the app update Bluetooth audio works until you start to skip forward. If you do once it's likely Ok but twice in succession and the video clip keeps playing but the audio stops. It takes lots of trial and error steps to restore up to and including toggling Bluetooth off and back on, ending the app, resetting the device.

Sometimes two or three skip backwards will restore audio but than it's gone when skip forward to get back to where you started.

If you leave things alone you hear pops and clicks of some audio but it never restores.

Similar behavior with both Bluetooth headphones and across two iPhones and the timing of the problem with the app update suggests an app issue.

Bluetooth audio works as expected with other apps even if you switch to a new app while the problem is occurring in vlc player.

Dale Vino
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Bluetooth audio Messed up

Postby Dale Vino » 25 Sep 2017 23:04

FYI, you described the same issue I did but for me it occurs regardless of Bluetooth. Also for me, accelerating audio triggers it, although I've come to realize it'll also happen at normal speed, just at a lower failure rate.

https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.ph ... 449b656997

I didn't mention the pops and clicks, but I hear them, too.

Return to “VLC for iOS, iPadOS and Apple TV”