iOS Compile - OSX Mavericks, Xcode 5

iOS, iPad, iPhone, tvOS specific usage questions
Gobelz
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

iOS Compile - OSX Mavericks, Xcode 5

Postby Gobelz » 18 Nov 2013 14:35

Hi,

I want to compile the vlc source from the git repository for use in my project where I have to support video stream.

When I compile the source like ./buildAspenProject.sh -s I successfully compile it for the Simulator (i386). That's correct because if I do lipo -info libMobileVLCKit.a I get the following information:

Code: Select all

input file libMobileVLCKit.a is not a fat file, Non-fat file: libMobileVLCKit.a is architecture: i386
I also want to compile the source for iDevices and if I do like ./buidAspenProject.sh I get 2 errors

[info] Building MobileVLCKit (MobileVLCKit, Release) ** BUILD FAILED ** The following build commands failed: Libtool build/MobileVLCKit.build/Release-iphoneos/MobileVLCKit.build/Objects-normal/armv7/libMobileVLCKit.a normal armv7 Libtool build/MobileVLCKit.build/Release-iphoneos/MobileVLCKit.build/Objects-normal/armv7s/libMobileVLCKit.a normal armv7s
I've searched many websites and this forum but I can't find the right information to compile the source for armv7 and armv7s.

Can anyone help me out with this on how to compile correctly?

Gobelz
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: iOS Compile - OSX Mavericks, Xcode 5

Postby Gobelz » 19 Nov 2013 23:25

Anyone?

godziltw
New Cone
New Cone

Postby godziltw » 20 Nov 2013 20:20

I also get the following compilation error with the latest iOS source code. I'm also on OSX Mavericks and Xcode 5.0.2. Is there any additional package that I need to download? I got this error when I try to compile for iOS device. I can successfully compile the latest source code for iOS simulator.

tmp-invert_limb.s:56:15: error: invalid operand for instruction add r2, r15, #invtab-.-8 ^ make[3]: *** [invert_limb.lo] Error 1 make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: *** [install] Error 2 make: *** [.gmp] Error 2 [info] Building MobileVLCKit (Aggregate static plugins, Release) [info] Building MobileVLCKit (MobileVLCKit, Release) ** BUILD FAILED ** The following build commands failed: Libtool build/MobileVLCKit.build/Release-iphoneos/MobileVLCKit.build/Objects-normal/armv7/libMobileVLCKit.a normal armv7 Libtool build/MobileVLCKit.build/Release-iphoneos/MobileVLCKit.build/Objects-normal/armv7s/libMobileVLCKit.a normal armv7s (2 failures)
By the way I was able to compile the iOS source code on Nov 13, 2013 and run the app on my iPad (iOS version 7.0.3). I only encountered this problem when I checked out the latest source code.

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Postby fkuehne » 22 Nov 2013 14:38

Update your code checkout and it will again :)
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

godziltw
New Cone
New Cone

Postby godziltw » 22 Nov 2013 21:02

I'd like to confirm that the latest update fixed the issue. I'm able to build and run VLC on my iPhone. Thanks :)

Gobelz
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Gobelz » 23 Nov 2013 21:55

I want to say that the build is correct for the simulator... but again not for the iDevices... Can anyone help me out..

sh compileVLCforiOS.sh -s (Simulator) OK
sh compileVLCforiOS.sh (iDevices) not OK with the same 2 failure for MobileVLCKit

Gobelz
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Gobelz » 23 Nov 2013 22:36

this is the output when I do sh compileVLCforiOS.sh -v

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/libtool: can't open file: /Users/iMacJack/ios/ImportedSources/VLCKit/MobileVLCKit/ImportedSources/vlc/install-ios-OS/armv7s/contribs/lib/libz.a (No such file or directory) /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/libtool: can't open file: /Users/iMacJack/ios/ImportedSources/VLCKit/MobileVLCKit/ImportedSources/vlc/install-ios-OS/armv7s/contribs/lib/libzvbi.a (No such file or directory) /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/libtool: can't open file: /Users/iMacJack/ios/ImportedSources/VLCKit/MobileVLCKit/ImportedSources/vlc/install-ios-OS/armv7s/lib/vlc/libcompat.a (No such file or directory) /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/libtool: can't open file: /Users/iMacJack/ios/ImportedSources/VLCKit/MobileVLCKit/ImportedSources/vlc/install-ios-OS/armv7s/lib/libvlc.a (No such file or directory) /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/libtool: can't open file: /Users/iMacJack/ios/ImportedSources/VLCKit/MobileVLCKit/ImportedSources/vlc/install-ios-OS/armv7s/lib/libvlccore.a (No such file or directory) Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/libtool failed with exit code 1 ** BUILD FAILED ** The following build commands failed: Libtool build/MobileVLCKit.build/Release-iphoneos/MobileVLCKit.build/Objects-normal/armv7/libMobileVLCKit.a normal armv7 Libtool build/MobileVLCKit.build/Release-iphoneos/MobileVLCKit.build/Objects-normal/armv7s/libMobileVLCKit.a normal armv7s (2 failures)
please help me with this because I'm out of solutions.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 24 Nov 2013 02:53

Delete everything and redownload the git.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Gobelz
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Gobelz » 24 Nov 2013 20:14

If it was that just simple...

I have not been able to build it on mavericks 10.9 and xcode 5.0.2

It was successfully build with OSX 10.8.5 and xcode 5.0.2

Strang? I don't know why but my iMac with mavericks, it's not that just simple... Any idea's why it's ok with OSX 10.8.5?

Gobelz
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Gobelz » 24 Nov 2013 21:47

OK I am been able to build the source for iDevice further than MobileVLCKit. Now I have the following..

[info] Removing unneeded modules ~/ios/ImportedSources/VLCKit/MobileVLCKit/ImportedSources/vlc/extras/package/ios [info] Building MobileVLCKit (Aggregate static plugins, Release) [info] Building MobileVLCKit (MobileVLCKit, Release) [info] Build completed [info] Building MobileVLCKit (Aggregate static plugins, Release) [info] Building MobileVLCKit (MobileVLCKit, Release) [info] Building MediaLibraryKit (MediaLibraryKit, Release) [info] Building upnpx (upnpx, Release) [info] Building GTL (GTLTouchStaticLib, Release) [info] Building VLC for iOS (vlc-ios, Release) ** BUILD FAILED **
Is this normal?

dfuhrmann
Developer
Developer

Postby dfuhrmann » 24 Nov 2013 22:25

That of course depends on the error. :-)

For me, it failed the same way, and it was fine to call it "normal" in this case.

Gobelz
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Gobelz » 24 Nov 2013 22:45

Uhmm I've missed to include the last sentence of the output. It's complaining for "check dependencies"

godziltw
New Cone
New Cone

Postby godziltw » 25 Nov 2013 20:24

That error is caused by not code-signing the project in Xcode.

Gobelz
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Gobelz » 28 Nov 2013 12:17

Thanks for the support it builds perfectly :)

Gobelz
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Gobelz » 07 Dec 2013 15:29

The builds fails again when compiling VLC... Someone with the same and will there be a fix soon? @Jean-Baptiste

dfuhrmann
Developer
Developer

Postby dfuhrmann » 07 Dec 2013 19:31

Sorry, but you must be more precise and give concrete build errors if somthing fails.

Gobelz
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Gobelz » 07 Dec 2013 23:05

Earlier today I had a different build error. Now I have another one...

Applying: Revert "gnutls: require version 3.0.20 or later" Applying: contrib/gnutls: use version 2.12.23 instead of 3.1.16 which still depends on gcrypt instead of nettle error: patch failed: contrib/src/gnutls/SHA512SUMS:1 error: contrib/src/gnutls/SHA512SUMS: patch does not apply error: patch failed: contrib/src/gnutls/rules.mak:1 error: contrib/src/gnutls/rules.mak: patch does not apply Patch failed at 0021 contrib/gnutls: use version 2.12.23 instead of 3.1.16 which still depends on gcrypt instead of nettle The copy of the patch that failed is found in: /Users/iMacJack/ios/ImportedSources/VLCKit/MobileVLCKit/ImportedSources/vlc/.git/rebase-apply/patch When you have resolved this problem, run "git am --resolved". If you prefer to skip this patch, run "git am --skip" instead. To restore the original branch and stop patching, run "git am --abort".
Anyone with a solution?

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 09 Dec 2013 18:27

Pull :)
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Douglasun
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Douglasun » 21 Mar 2014 06:58

hey guys, I did sh compileVLCforiOS.sh -s and these are output :

The following build commands failed: Libtool build/MobileVLCKit.build/Release-iphoneos/MobileVLCKit.build/Objects-normal/armv7/libMobileVLCKit.a normal armv7 Libtool build/MobileVLCKit.build/Release-iphoneos/MobileVLCKit.build/Objects-normal/armv7s/libMobileVLCKit.a normal armv7s Libtool build/MobileVLCKit.build/Release-iphoneos/MobileVLCKit.build/Objects-normal/arm64/libMobileVLCKit.a normal arm64 (3 failures)
Please help me out !!!!! It has been a long time and I still cannot figure it out

snayder
New Cone
New Cone

Postby snayder » 06 May 2014 06:27

I tried so hard...

1) I'm using the 2.1-stable branch - Mac OS X 10.9.2 - Xcode 5.1.1 and the command that I used is : sh buildMobileVLCKit.sh -k 7.1 -s

libavcodec/arm/vp8dsp_armv6.S:2430:11: error: branch target out of range b vp8_put_bilin_v_armv6 + 4 ^ libavcodec/arm/vp8dsp_armv6.S:2449:11: error: branch target out of range b vp8_put_bilin_h_armv6 + 4 ^ libavcodec/arm/vp8dsp_armv6.S:2468:11: error: branch target out of range b vp8_put_bilin_v_armv6 + 4 ^ make[1]: *** [libavcodec/arm/vp8dsp_armv6.o] Error 1 make: *** [.ffmpeg] Error 2 [info] Building MobileVLCKit (Aggregate static plugins, Release) [info] Building MobileVLCKit (MobileVLCKit, Release) ** BUILD FAILED ** The following build commands failed: Libtool build/MobileVLCKit.build/Release-iphoneos/MobileVLCKit.build/Objects-normal/armv7/libMobileVLCKit.a normal armv7 Libtool build/MobileVLCKit.build/Release-iphoneos/MobileVLCKit.build/Objects-normal/armv7s/libMobileVLCKit.a normal armv7s Libtool build/MobileVLCKit.build/Release-iphoneos/MobileVLCKit.build/Objects-normal/arm64/libMobileVLCKit.a normal arm64 (3 failures)
I can compile and install ffmpeg on the contrib folder using:

./configure make make install
but when I run again sh buildMobileVLCKit.sh -k 7.1 -s this error hapens again =(

2) I'm using the master branch - Mac OS X 10.9.2 - Xcode 5.1.1 and the command that I used is : sh buildMobileVLCKit.sh -k 7.1 -s

patching file Makefile.am mv libssh2-1.4.3 ssh2 && touch ssh2 touch -r .gcrypt .dep-gcrypt mkdir -p -- /Users/douglasfigueiredo/Project/VKIT/MobileVLCKit/ImportedSources/vlc/contrib/arm-apple-darwin11-armv7/share/aclocal && cd ssh2 && autoreconf -fiv -I/Users/douglasfigueiredo/Project/VKIT/MobileVLCKit/ImportedSources/vlc/contrib/arm-apple-darwin11-armv7/share/aclocal autoreconf: Entering directory `.' autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext autoreconf: running: aclocal -I /Users/douglasfigueiredo/Project/VKIT/MobileVLCKit/ImportedSources/vlc/contrib/arm-apple-darwin11-armv7/share/aclocal --force -I m4 configure.ac:5: warning: macro 'AM_CONFIG_HEADER' not found in library autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing autoreconf: running: glibtoolize --copy --force glibtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'. glibtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh' glibtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `m4'. glibtoolize: copying file `m4/libtool.m4' glibtoolize: copying file `m4/ltoptions.m4' glibtoolize: copying file `m4/ltsugar.m4' glibtoolize: copying file `m4/ltversion.m4' glibtoolize: copying file `m4/lt~obsolete.m4' configure.ac:5: warning: macro 'AM_CONFIG_HEADER' not found in library autoreconf: running: /usr/local/Cellar/autoconf/2.69/bin/autoconf --include=/Users/douglasfigueiredo/Project/VKIT/MobileVLCKit/ImportedSources/vlc/contrib/arm-apple-darwin11-armv7/share/aclocal --force configure.ac:5: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow. See the Autoconf documentation. autoreconf: /usr/local/Cellar/autoconf/2.69/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1 make: *** [.ssh2] Error 1 [info] Building MobileVLCKit (Aggregate static plugins, Release) [info] Building MobileVLCKit (MobileVLCKit, Release) ** BUILD FAILED ** The following build commands failed: Libtool build/MobileVLCKit.build/Release-iphoneos/MobileVLCKit.build/Objects-normal/armv7/libMobileVLCKit.a normal armv7 Libtool build/MobileVLCKit.build/Release-iphoneos/MobileVLCKit.build/Objects-normal/armv7s/libMobileVLCKit.a normal armv7s Libtool build/MobileVLCKit.build/Release-iphoneos/MobileVLCKit.build/Objects-normal/arm64/libMobileVLCKit.a normal arm64 (3 failures)

Please, Help me!

This compilation is like Linkin Park - In The End.

Return to “VLC for iOS, iPadOS and Apple TV”