iOS, iPad, iPhone, tvOS specific usage questions
Paradox9
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 1.1.7
Operating System: Win 7 Ultimate 32bit

VLC for IOS Bugs & Feature Request

Postby Paradox9 » 04 Sep 2013 19:53

I am not sure if there is a better place to post this, my apologies if there was.

Bugs:
-When holding device in landscape mode throughtout this process: While playing a video file, if one returns to the VLC main menu and selects a differnt file for playback, the app crashes.
-If brightness is adjusted from within the app, after leaving the app the ios auto-brightness does not seem to function if it was previously set).

Feature Request:
-Add a "zero" button to the playback speed option menu (almost impossible to set it back to 0 after moving the slider).
-Add option to automatically stop playback when returning to iOS home screen, consider making this the default.
-Add easier method to fit video to screen (fullscreen), maybe just change this to the first option in the aspect ratio toggle instead of the last option as it is currently.

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Re: VLC for IOS Bugs & Feature Request

Postby fkuehne » 08 Sep 2013 17:03

Hello, the forum is a great place to report this kind of issues and suggestions!

- landscape: I fear, this is a generic issue which is not related to the way your hold your device. I just fetched the crash reports from Apple and will investigate this further.
- brightness: smells like a bug in the OS - which version of iOS are you using?

- playback speed zeroing: I'm on it.
- do you really want to stop, not pausing?
- fit to screen: yep, on my list, too!

Thanks for your feedback!
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

Paradox9
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Paradox9 » 08 Sep 2013 17:27

Hello, the forum is a great place to report this kind of issues and suggestions!

- landscape: I fear, this is a generic issue which is not related to the way your hold your device. I just fetched the crash reports from Apple and will investigate this further.
- brightness: smells like a bug in the OS - which version of iOS are you using?

- playback speed zeroing: I'm on it.
- do you really want to stop, not pausing?
- fit to screen: yep, on my list, too!

Thanks for your feedback!
Thanks for the quick and direct feedback, much appreciated. I'm loving VLC for iOS, using it every day (and also the Mac version).

I am using the latest public iOS release, 6.1.4 (10B350).

And pausing the playback would be perfect, not "stopping". But my device currently lets it keep playing in the background when I return to home screen or toggle to another app. I am using the newest release of VLC, 2.1.

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Postby fkuehne » 08 Sep 2013 18:48

Have a look at the settings. There is an option which let's you switch between background playback and pausing. :)
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

Paradox9
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Paradox9 » 08 Sep 2013 19:13

I saw that option, but because it was labeled as "audio" I assumed it was for audio only files. Thank you.

deezy_114
New Cone
New Cone

Postby deezy_114 » 23 Sep 2013 23:27

Can't open the app on my iPad after iOS 7 upgrade. The app crashes every time at start-up if files have been transported into the app. The only way to open the app is if there are no files in it. Reinstalling the app after clearing app data, then re-transporting video files over iTunes didn't solve the issue.

Overclocker
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Overclocker » 17 Oct 2017 03:41

Thank you for porting vlc to ios. I enjoy the app, but have noticed some bugs that i would love to have fixed

-When turning device on, and off, sometimes I experience audio distortion, and the audio sort of sounds like it was coming out of a speaker designed for a 2 year old toy. This happens more with high pitched sounds (try playing the song from this video from fractal design in vlc for ios. This song in the video is very good at triggering the bug. https://youtu.be/VNSxLT-0wDc pausing and unpausing the song sometimes fixes the bug for a few minutes.

-Vlc has not been able to play webm files since update 2.8.4

-Feature request: the ability to add songs to an "up next" playlist"
t
he UI feels slightly cluttered, but it works pretty well.

Evoldoer
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Evoldoer » 03 Aug 2018 03:59

I listen to audiobooks on VLC and I’m having a lot of problems with pausing and unpausing. If I am not on the app (lock screen or swipe up or head phones) it will pause but when I I pause it starts playing with no sounds. The timer will continue to move forward but I have no audio. This will sometimes happen even if I am on the app if I switch apps too quickly or lock my phone. I will then have to close the app or stop the track I’m listening to and start it again. I believe this is mostly with longer tracks (several hours).

Hamid
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Hamid » 28 Nov 2019 05:10

Hi there,

I would like to make a feature request although VLC is already great on every OS platform, I believe an "audio equalizer" feature would make the app further brilliant. This feature is probably the only significant one missing. It's particularly helpful in making the app adaptable to all sorts of headphones/earphones with different qualities, as it can help adjust bass, treble etc. according to every individual's preference.

Many thanks.

Return to “VLC for iOS, iPadOS and Apple TV”