Multiple media cannot be played + the location cannot be played error when resuming audio playback

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
Killin
New Cone
New Cone

Multiple media cannot be played + the location cannot be played error when resuming audio playback

Postby Killin » 22 Jul 2024 04:38

This bug has happened constantly since I installed VLC almost a year ago, having updated it several times.

Background: I use VLC for Android as an audio player. Whenever I play audio from the "Browse" or the "Audio" tab, everything is fine, plays more or less OK (will start, then silence for a second, then continue, but this is another issue).
But if I pause the playback, and then resume it, one of two things may happen:
1) Everything is fine and the music unpauses: This happens mostly if there isn't much time between pausing and unpausing.
2) I get two errors: The location cannot be played, and immediately after that one, Multiple media cannot be played. I will even get a notification on my activity band saying that the song that started playing is "Unknown Artist - Unknown".
Also, something that gives me a hint that 2) is going to happen is that my band isn't able to read which track is playing, but when everything is working normally, it does.

Version: every version I've tried.
Hardware: Samsung A52s 5G
Android version: 12

What I'm seeing in the log is that VLC is somehow trying to find a song that is part of the title. If the song is named "Buena Vista Social Club - Veinte Años", it tries to play "Buena.mp3" "Vista.mp3" "Social.mp3" and so on.

I am also sharing the debug log to android-support at videolan.org

Skantes
Developer
Developer

Re: Multiple media cannot be played + the location cannot be played error when resuming audio playback

Postby Skantes » 21 Aug 2024 18:10

Hi, from the logs it looks like an issue that we fixed a few months ago, and should be fixed in the next version 3.6.

If you want the fix right now, or just check if it fixes your issue you can try one of our nightly builds at https://artifacts.videolan.org/vlc-andr ... tly-arm64/.

Sorry for the late response

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”