Playing from different playlists

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
Marietta
New Cone
New Cone

Playing from different playlists

Postby Marietta » 18 Oct 2022 03:49

So I created some video playlists on my Samsung tablet. I then also created an icon to launch each list on my homescreen. I launch a video from one of the lists, but when I go back to home and try to launch a different list, it won't do it! It just wants to keep playing from the first playlist. I tried launching several playlists, but it keeps playing from first one I launched. I cannot seem to figure out what's wrong. Does each playlist have to play all videos before you can launch another?

Aza
Developer
Developer

Re: Playing from different playlists

Postby Aza » 19 Oct 2022 07:12

Do you are leave the video player with the home button? If so, I am able to reproduce. I'll take a look. In the meantime, you can just use the back button to leave the player instead.

This issue is now tracked here: https://code.videolan.org/videolan/vlc- ... ssues/2727

Marietta
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Marietta » 20 Oct 2022 20:36

Yes, I am using the home button. I did go ahead and try the back button and that way seems to allow you to play a different list. Do you know though why it doesn’t work using the home button too? This is for my autistic son who may not understand the back button. I thought creating the playlist short cuts would make it easier for him, but I may just delete the playlist.

Aza
Developer
Developer

Postby Aza » 21 Oct 2022 07:13

This is a use case we unfortunately didn't test. We are looking into it, but it seems to be a bit complicate to fix and won't be fixed in the next version. It should be solved for the one after that though.

Spike1
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: And:3.6.0β,Win:2.2.1

Postby Spike1 » 21 Oct 2022 12:25

Android only wants one copy of any app, so tapping a VLC shortcut when VLC is already running simply calls to the screen the existing instance. What a user wants in this case is clear, and code should be written to test for it.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”