IS There A Way To Access An Online Radio Station Via Andriod Without Knowing The URL

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
Aspersimgamer
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

IS There A Way To Access An Online Radio Station Via Andriod Without Knowing The URL

Postby Aspersimgamer » 24 Jul 2022 21:29

The only online radio station I can access on my Galaxy S 7 is my own and that is done by first going to my website and downloading a winamp pls. file.

I want to know how I can download more .pls files like the one found on my website so I can maybe open it with VLC and tune in to another online radio station with VLC on my Android device since I don't currently know any of the URL's outside of my own or even where I could download more pls files or something similar
MY RADIO STATION: with NO commercials (go to link to download then run with VLC on any device)
http://nap.casthost.net:2199/tunein/justinangelradio-stream.pls

Aza
Developer
Developer

Re: IS There A Way To Access An Online Radio Station Via Andriod Without Knowing The URL

Postby Aza » 25 Jul 2022 07:05

There are websites providing that. If you find the radio URL, you can also type it in the More > stream screen.

Aspersimgamer
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: IS There A Way To Access An Online Radio Station Via Andriod Without Knowing The URL

Postby Aspersimgamer » 25 Jul 2022 09:51

thanks for the reply Aza, yea speaking of the URL's I tried to type mine in and I never could access my station until I downloaded a winamp .pls file and opened it up with VLC, before I had that .pls file I never could connect, that pls file is found by clicking on a tiny icon so small almost impossible to know it's even an option on my streaming website and downloading that file.

The link to the file is inside my forum signature below, copying and pasting that link will bring up an option to save the .pls file on a computer or mobile device.

I would like to download more pls files for other stations maybe in the future
MY RADIO STATION: with NO commercials (go to link to download then run with VLC on any device)

Milky
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
Operating System: Windows

Postby Milky » 25 Jul 2022 23:41

There is another thread, where it has been reported that VLC is not remembering the stream URLs. Once that is fixed, you should just be able to enter (and store) the URLs.

Aspersimgamer
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Aspersimgamer » 26 Jul 2022 09:14

There is another thread, where it has been reported that VLC is not remembering the stream URLs. Once that is fixed, you should just be able to enter (and store) the URLs.

thanks for the information :)

Aspersimgamer
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Aspersimgamer » 10 Sep 2022 03:14

any update on this? I would like to know if they was a way for someone to pick and choose from the entire ICECAST DIRECTORY on a mobile device being on the go and everything. I use the mobile app on my Galaxy S 7 every day using a .pls file linked to my stream. On PC I recently noticed that the entire ICECAST DIRECTORY shows up for Windows 10 versions but I never seen the ICECAST DIRECTORY on my mobile device.

Am I missing something?

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”