VLC For Android Tablet Ignores ICECAST Server Commands

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
Aspersimgamer
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLC For Android Tablet Ignores ICECAST Server Commands

Postby Aspersimgamer » 27 Feb 2022 08:29

I have my station set up for listeners to only listen for 4 hours at a given time before the session runs out and you need to refresh or manually reconnect to my online radio station, to hear more jammin' music.

Problem is the override does not work on VLC for Android it just removes the timestamp after 4 hours of listening time therefore if you don't know how to shut it off like if your sleeping it will still run continually and run up peoples data plan regardless of the Centova Cast 4 hour automatic disconnect feature,

Now all other listening apps including VLC for Windows 10 will disconnect you after 4 hours have past but not VLC on my little android Galaxy S7

the counter just resets on my station server and the timestamp will reset the server after 4 hours but not on the tablet itself. When I want the app to disconnect because that is how my server is set up to override and disconnect everyone after 4 hours. :-|
MY RADIO STATION: with NO commercials (go to link to download then run with VLC on any device)
http://nap.casthost.net:2199/tunein/justinangelradio-stream.pls

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”