Latest Android version no longer displays current position (in time) of an already started video

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
Raiden
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Latest Android version no longer displays current position (in time) of an already started video

Postby Raiden » 06 Apr 2019 12:33

I mean not while the video is playing but when stopped and you go back and look at your list of vids. In the past it displays an orange progress bar with no data at the bottom of the thumbnail where the video stopped AND a text indicating in minutes and even seconds where it stopped. And this information is ALWAYS displayed by all thumbnails in whatever way those thumbs are arranged grid or list.

Now this information is no longer displayed at all.

And one other problem besides that: now each data next to or at the bottom of all the thumbnails in one of the two modes (in grid display) shows not only nothing about current position but even the total length is no longer fully displayed but only partially: the information looks something like this: "...min55s". Why? What happened to the interface that all of a sudden there is an apparent text info space shortage ALL the time, as opposed to the past where there never was shortage and the total length hour AND minute information was always displayed and never compressed to three dots. I'm not sure but it seems like you now display the length in hours, minutes AND seconds all the time -- whereas in the past the "seconds" info was displayed only when the total time was less than an hour or minute or something? Is that what happened? If so then you guys should make new room for the new information that is displayed by default (and not force us to leave the list and press play on each video just in order to see what hour the video lasts and at what position it stopped.

Is there perhaps some sort of a function in the settings that can be tweaked? Otherwise it means there is a new bug (actually 2 bugs) that you guys have introduced in the latest update.

Raiden
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Latest Android version no longer displays current position (in time) of an already started video

Postby Raiden » 06 Apr 2019 13:34

For FYI this version as per "About" is 3.1.1 and revision a256dbd39 VLC:f563d0620

Date is 2019-03-29

Aza
Developer
Developer

Re: Latest Android version no longer displays current position (in time) of an already started video

Postby Aza » 09 Apr 2019 15:03

We quick fixed the length display for the lists and cards. It will be available in VLC 3.1.2.
We will also improve this whole screen in the next minor version (VLC 3.2).

Thanks for the report!

lemmy999
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby lemmy999 » 14 Apr 2019 19:22

I have been using Android VLC (on a Shield) for a while and I have never seen this option. I have 3.1.2 now and still don't see this. I don't see the progress bar or text with the time and never have. Am I missing something?

Aza
Developer
Developer

Postby Aza » 16 Apr 2019 09:09

This discussion was talking about the mobile version.
There is indeed no progress bar on TV as the TV components don't allow to add one.
As we are currently implementing it our way, it may be added in the 3.2 version.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”