No Volume Control?

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
MrVibrating
New Cone
New Cone

No Volume Control?

Postby MrVibrating » 02 Aug 2015 14:22

This is the first media player i've encountered that doesn't feature a volume slider element on the play control GUI.

I'm using VLC to stream internet radio, and the only way i've found to change the volume is to load a video and then use the swipe gesture, before closing the video and reloading the audio stream. Awkward huh?

The system audio volume, accessed by the physical rocker button on the side of the phone, acts independently of VLC's volume - ie. if i turn down the volume in VLC to a low level (when playing a video), then this is the maximum volume the system volume can increase it to. It can decrease it, but not raise it above this level. The only way to increase it again is to reload a video, then raise the volume using the swipe gesture, exit the video and reload the audio stream to play at the new volume.

Besides, i'm using the phone as a hifi 'head unit' on a motorcycle, mounted in the map pocket of a tank bag under a PVC screen, so the side buttons on the phone aren't accessible - i need all the controls on-screen. I have an in-line volume control mounted on the handlebars but obviously this only acts on the phone's output signal.

Please consider adding a volume slider to the play control GUI..! Is there some specific reason why it's been ommited? If so perhaps add a tick-box option to enable it?

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: No Volume Control?

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 30 Oct 2015 19:37

OK.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”