XSPF

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
joonhd
New Cone
New Cone

XSPF

Postby joonhd » 11 Dec 2014 21:55

Searched for, and found a few posts relating to xspf support on Android...

My current experience with this, using the latest from http://ftp.free.org/mirrors/videolan/vl ... v7/VLC.apk (Revision c30f3d6 (2014-12-05)), is that VLC does not even list the xspf that I have placed in the default Videos folder, even if I browse to it via the "Internal Folders" icon. (No app is associated with .xspf if I tap on it in the Android File Explorer.)

BR, Jon

Daftendireckt
New Cone
New Cone

Re: XSPF

Postby Daftendireckt » 16 Dec 2014 13:19

Same for me. I am fed up with TuneIn and would like to use a simple playlist to listen to radio streams with VLC but no luck so far... I mean that works but it's not straight forward.
It's a bit better with M3U files. They open with VLC from others apps but VLC doesn't see them when I browse to the directory that stores my playlists (in both xspf and m3u formats) along with the picture files to get a nice UI with radio logos.

Another great feature would be Miracast support. Is there somewhere a public roadmap for VLC for Android?
Great work anyway to the team. Thanks !
New con(e) from Jan. 2004

edwardw
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.0-git

Re: XSPF

Postby edwardw » 26 Dec 2014 01:15

Hi,
Same for me. I am fed up with TuneIn and would like to use a simple playlist to listen to radio streams with VLC but no luck so far... I mean that works but it's not straight forward.
It's a bit better with M3U files. They open with VLC from others apps but VLC doesn't see them when I browse to the directory that stores my playlists (in both xspf and m3u formats) along with the picture files to get a nice UI with radio logos.

Another great feature would be Miracast support. Is there somewhere a public roadmap for VLC for Android?
Great work anyway to the team. Thanks !
Miracast support should already be there. It is called 'secondary display support'.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”