Google TV on a Sony Bravia - subtitles question

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
truenorth179
New Cone
New Cone

Google TV on a Sony Bravia - subtitles question

Postby truenorth179 » 27 Jan 2023 04:55

I'm pretty familar with VLC, I use it on several Windows machines. Love it. I bought a new Sony Bravia (Google TV) TV and I installed VLC immediately as I intend to play a lot of videos from USB sticks. I'm trying to control VLC using the TV's remote only. It's working well and I can almost control it the way I want.

The first exception is subtitles. Windows VLC has a menu item Subtitles and when a video has loaded, I can use that menu to select which of many subtitles I would like to see, or none. I've set Google TV VLC to load subtitles and I've set the language (english) I would like to see. I've found that if the language in the MKV text track is english, the subtitles will show up correctly, or if the subtitle track has Default set to Yes, the subtitles will show correctly but if neither of those two cases is present the subtiles won't show at all.

I must be missing where the list of subtitles in the file can be found. Any suggestions?

Aza
Developer
Developer

Re: Google TV on a Sony Bravia - subtitles question

Postby Aza » 27 Jan 2023 07:31

You can load/change subtitles during the playback. Use the down arrow key to open the control. At the bottom, open the icon on the left (rectangle with some lines). Here you can choose your subtitle track.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”