Subwoofer volume reduced

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
originalsnuffy
New Cone
New Cone

Subwoofer volume reduced

Postby originalsnuffy » 19 Jun 2022 07:57

I am using 3.3.4 on an Amazon Fire Cube, Gen 2. At first I used VLC with the version from Amazon. The problem I will describe was not solved when I installed the APK via sideloading.

My file is UHD with DTS HD MA 5.1 sound. At one point the spaceship goes through a wormhole and there is very intense low subwoofer bass action. Using Kodi Matrix there is no problem getting this to play.

But on VLC for some reason the bass is reduced. I have verified the digital passthrough is set to on. To my knowledge, no EQ is being applied by the app. In fact, I am not sure the APK version has any kind of EQ.

Any thoughts? Thank you.

Spike1
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: And:3.6.0β,Win:2.2.1

Re: Subwoofer volume reduced

Postby Spike1 » 19 Jun 2022 12:50

VLC does have an equalizer. To see it, you must drag the legend of the currently playing song from the bottom to the top of the screen, then tap the three dots. Be sure this is disabled and tell us if that makes a difference.

originalsnuffy
New Cone
New Cone

Postby originalsnuffy » 19 Jun 2022 17:18

I am not clear how to drag anything with the limited remote of the Amazon Fire Cube. I had placed this post in the Android section as that is the platform for the Amazon Fire Cube. To my knowledge there is no drag option. Am I missing something?

Also to clarify things; I am referring to a movie not a song.

The sound is just fine for the same movie under Kodi. But Kodi has its own issues (difficult to jump to a specific location; need to use Wifi for streaming not wired ethernet due to speed limitations with wired connections).

tguillem
Developer
Developer
VLC version: ALL
Operating System: Linux/WIndows/Mac OS

Postby tguillem » 20 Jun 2022 09:39

This is really weird.

VLC can't modify the sound when using pass-through.

Are you sure the exact same track is played with VLC and Kodi ? Both with pass-through ? (Sometimes, there are compatibility track with a lower codec)

tguillem
Developer
Developer
VLC version: ALL
Operating System: Linux/WIndows/Mac OS

Postby tguillem » 20 Jun 2022 09:40

Could you share VLC logs via loggcat ? Maybe only the DTS part is played (and not the HD extension)

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”