Damn network crap .... can't connect to PC

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
Scifi3dzoo
New Cone
New Cone

Damn network crap .... can't connect to PC

Postby Scifi3dzoo » 30 Apr 2022 04:48

Got a new phone so screwed everything up and I can't get to work again. I remember spending like an hour or two trying to get this to work the year ago. I hate networking stuff

I have VLC Android and I was using the lan network features to connect VLC on my phone to my computer. Then from there I was casting it to my tv. And I'm just going through hell now. I don't know if it's something on the PC or the phone. I see my computer and my computer name in the local network list. I think this is where I had hell before trying to figure out what the domain name would be. I assume the password is the same as I used to login to my PC. This is Windows 10 pro so there is no domain name. But it doesn't have the regular simple create a home group features as the vanilla Windows 10. But I can see somewhere in network settings there is a work group called work group. So I guess VLC Android sees my computer but I just can't log into it for whatever reason and it's driving me crazy. It's late now and I'm tired of playing with it. Thanks guys for any advice. Damn networking stuff.

Scifi3dzoo
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Damn network crap .... can't connect to PC

Postby Scifi3dzoo » 02 May 2022 01:35

I think I got it. There's a difference between my admin credentials and my regular login credentials. I have Windows 10 pro so it's more complicated than I needed to be so somehow I ended up with a different account outside of my admin account.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”