Icecast Radio Directory

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
Aspersimgamer
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Icecast Radio Directory

Postby Aspersimgamer » 12 Jan 2022 12:13

also I would like the ICECAST Directory to work with android tablets, because it don't even let me listen on my tablet even when I manually type in my stream address, I don't even know why there is a VLC for android if you can't listen to the internet radio, it's only useful for watching videos and viewing photos and listening to music already on it's hard drive.

I am really upset to the point of anger. when I downloaded VLC for my android especially when I manually typed in a URL since the ICECAST directory is not available on VLC for android and no matter what I tried It would not play the stream URL I manually typed in and it was my own
MY RADIO STATION: with NO commercials (go to link to download then run with VLC on any device)
http://nap.casthost.net:2199/tunein/justinangelradio-stream.pls

Aza
Developer
Developer

Re: Icecast Radio Directory

Postby Aza » 14 Jan 2022 08:14

VLC should work with icecast streaams. i tested it not so long ago.

Could you please tell me what's your VLC version? Could you also tell me exactly what you get when you enter the URL?

Aspersimgamer
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Icecast Radio Directory

Postby Aspersimgamer » 04 Feb 2022 10:27

VLC should work with icecast streaams. i tested it not so long ago.

Could you please tell me what's your VLC version? Could you also tell me exactly what you get when you enter the URL?
yes I have the newest one for my android tablet and I got my station working 3 days ago by downloaded a Winamp Playlist file than opening it up on my android tablet with VLC, does the ICECAST directory work with a newer galaxy android tablet I have the most recent VLC for android installed thank you :)

I also needed to tick my android options to allow VLC to have access to my device in which by default, it is blocked by the security of the Galaxy Android Tablet of mine

Samsung GalaxyTab A7 Lite
MY RADIO STATION: with NO commercials (go to link to download then run with VLC on any device)
http://nap.casthost.net:2199/tunein/justinangelradio-stream.pls

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”