VLC Android on Sony OLED and QLED

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
Da Wiz
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLC Android on Sony OLED and QLED

Postby Da Wiz » 19 Apr 2021 01:20

I use two NAS drives (Netgear RAID boxes fast enough to stream 100 GB movies in 2 hours without buffering issues). When I select "Network" in VLC, the first time it opens, everything is fine. But in the process of watching shows, ending them, navigating to a new show to watch, VLC looses track of where it's at and reports no devices or files on the Network. The Refresh button on the VLC main page does nothing at all. I have to open Settings, scroll to Advanced, then select Quit & Restart. After that, playing movies or TV shows from the network drives works fine for potentially the rest of the night, but no guarantees, it can "get lost" more than once in an evening. Can you make the "Refresh" button do the quit/restart feature? Or offer that as an option for Refresh? But better still would be if VLC didn't lose connection with the NAS devices so easily. I am running the current version of VLC on two different 2020-2021 Sony XBR TVs (one OLED, one QLED). Same issue on both TVs. Can stream from NAS drives to Oppo disc player and disc player to TV forever without this problem.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”