VLC 3.2.3 can't load subtitle files

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
lemmy999
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLC 3.2.3 can't load subtitle files

Postby lemmy999 » 08 Dec 2019 18:21

I am running 3.2.3 on an Nvidia shield (running SHIELD Androind TV 8.0.1). All of my files are on a computer on the same LAN and accessed via SMB. When I choose "select subtitle file" the window comes up showing the files in the directory with the video I am playing. I have a couple of issues:

1. There is nothing indicating which file is going to be selected before I click on it. I just have to count how many times I push the "down" button. Nothing is highlighted in orange or no pointer of any kind.
2. Once I select a valid .srt file, it opens and gives me only two options "play as audio" or "delete". If I select play as audio file nothing happens and ultimately playback of the video stops and I go back out to the navigation screen. If I choose "delete" then it asks if I am sure I want to delete it and I click "ok" and it doesn't delete it and it just goes back to the previous screen.

Anyone else having this issue? I know the .srt file is a valid subtitle file because it works in Kodi and also in VLC on my PC. Also I only get those same two options when I select any other subtitle file in the "Subs" directory.

lemmy999
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: VLC 3.2.3 can't load subtitle files

Postby lemmy999 » 19 Dec 2019 05:55

Is this going to be fixed in 3.2.4 or has subtitle support been removed from VLC?

lemmy999
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: VLC 3.2.3 can't load subtitle files

Postby lemmy999 » 14 Jan 2020 05:33

Is there some reason that the developers 1. screwed this up and 2. won't even acknowledge it?

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”