Cannot select subtitle file

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
Djuki
New Cone
New Cone

Cannot select subtitle file

Postby Djuki » 24 Nov 2019 18:54

I'm using VLC player on my Philips Android TV, playing videos from local network. Problem occured since the last update (18.11.2019.). I cannot select subtitle file. When I click on option select subtitle file, I can see files but cannot mark and select file.

Remeister1111
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Cannot select subtitle file

Postby Remeister1111 » 24 Nov 2019 22:48

I can't seem to download them. I have the link to do so, which produces a list (though very limited, unlike pre-update). I am able to select a file & the spinwheel spins - for various time spans, then it stops, incomplete. No words on the screen, no download to be found or selected, and the spinner turns back into the original icon. I went to chrome & manually downloaded some, & may have given up too easily, but couldn't seem to use them from within the player either.

Remeister1111
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Remeister1111 » 27 Nov 2019 07:52

Update on this issue. This seems to have worked itself out, most of the time. Still get wrenched here & there but all good for the most part.

Swimjuju
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Swimjuju » 05 Dec 2019 23:36

Still have the problem on the same Issue as Remeister1111 on a Sony Android Tv with vlc 3.2.3. With the previous version the auto search for subtitles was working fine. But now i can see the subtitles but it doesn't download. Don't have the icon mark when i click on download, and when I play the video the subtitle doesn't appear.
don't really want to downgrade.
I wish i didn't activated the auto update.

lemmy999
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby lemmy999 » 10 Dec 2019 18:19

I am having a similar problem with 3.2.3 on my Nvidia Shield. There is nothing to indicate which file you are selecting, but if you hit the "down" but the correct amount of times then hit "enter" you can select the subtitle file. But the problem is that once you select it, it only gives you two options "play as audio file" which does nothing or "delete" which asks you to confirm, but doesn't really delete the file.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”