VLC player not doing Media scans correctly

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
pnophotography
New Cone
New Cone

VLC player not doing Media scans correctly

Postby pnophotography » 18 May 2019 10:55

Hiya

I need a little bit of help from somebody on the forum or from VLC as my Samsung S7 Android 8 VLC version 94bc8e707 (2019-5-2) my issue is that VLC doesn't complete the full Media scan from my micro SD card I have formatted the card and started again and added all my music back onto the card however. When I've installed VLC Player onto my phone from Google Play store and I go through all the settings to up to the part where it says would you like to scan from micro SD card I supply yes it picks up about 9 albums maybe when does 144 albums on the card also I have to keep pressing the refresh button to ask it to do the media scan again and I can do this up to 15 to 16 times it does not pick up all of the music tracks that I have on or albums I was wondering if you have had the same faults with anybody else's and is there a fix for this can you get back to me please Paul

I have forgot to mention that I have uninstalled vlc it and reinstalled it a number of times and I have also done a factory reset on my phone and reset my phone up for see if it's the same as you again

Bujiraso
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC player not doing Media scans correctly

Postby Bujiraso » 01 Jun 2019 11:33

Hello -- new forums user, decade+ long happy VLC user & open source community member.

I also am suffering from this exact same problem -- media scans not completing correctly. VLC will pick up a handful of albums but I have over 500 (I've lost count).

Related to this, I'm also scouring the forums for a bit of a different issue -- 95% of my library keeps dropping and I'm left with quite an odd assortment of remaining tracks and then I have to drop my library and try again.
edit: Just found out what is happening -- the FLAC files are all dropping but it still shows the cover.jpg for where-ever that's downloaded? Quite weird.

How stable is the media scanning feature supposed to be?

unidan
Developer
Developer

Postby unidan » 01 Jun 2019 19:00

Hi, it's being investigated, but you might have better feedback and maybe help a little by creating a ticket on the project : https://code.videolan.org/videolan/medialibrary/issues?state=opened

The media library has just been rewritten but has a lot of automated testing cases, and is just being integrated to the different VLC variants.

Bujiraso
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Bujiraso » 02 Jun 2019 01:57

Cool, good to know -- thanks!

Richard B-D
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Richard B-D » 01 Aug 2019 22:24

Any update on the fix for VLC not doing a media scan correctly.
I am running VLC3.1.7 for Android from 2019-06-26 and I still have the problem, it is also the latest version on Google Play.

JingArjay87
New Cone
New Cone

Postby JingArjay87 » 02 Aug 2019 02:57

Same issue here,the album art is still not showing in the library though

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”