VLC Audiobook mode

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
lashram
New Cone
New Cone

VLC Audiobook mode

Postby lashram » 12 Jun 2019 03:00

I have VLC on just about every thing I own and have used it for about 15 years. There are a couple small dings have with it, but the only real issue I have is, that when I use vlc on my Android device it is primarily to enjoy audio books. As of the last year I just can't anymore unless I have to (like with a file format that my other player won't read.) VLC will not remember where I left off. Some of my audio books are 12-40 hour long files. All I am asking for is that there be a function to open up the file where I left off. Even without this feature, I turn my phone sideways to increase the progress bar to find where I left off, and now in V3 the screen is cut in half with a playlist. I would love to use vlc android on my phone for audio books but it's too damned frustrating. Any love for audio book fans? It seems like we are left out of the loop more and more as VLC is developed.

Dekans
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Re: VLC Audiobook mode

Postby Dekans » 19 Jun 2019 17:33

You could use 'load last playlist'to resume playback where you left off. Either fron the top-right menu, or from app shortcut.

Also, there is an option to ju;p to a precise position, it's in the audio player advanced options (the icon with 3 dots)

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”