Stream lpcm from pc to android over wifi?

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
bobgardner
New Cone
New Cone

Stream lpcm from pc to android over wifi?

Postby bobgardner » 07 Sep 2018 23:11

I want to stream live audio with 100ms or so latency from pc with dshow linein and stream it out the wifi using multicast and listen to it on an android phone.
I want the stream to be linear pcm because thats what dshow reads from the linein. No encoding and decoding, which takes cpu and adds latency. No video, just a stereo stream 2 chan, 44100 sps, about 176K+ Bps, 176bytes per ms, or 1400 byte packet every 8ms. Group 8 or 10 packets. I have a couple questions... since there is no video, is there a mux involved? I think rtp is what I want? Just a udp stream for the audio? Is there a way of listening to a stream of raw audio on an android? No decoding? There seems to be a dozen or so android apps that mention multicast streaming, but of course they are talking about encoded video and audio. Is this a doable project? Impossible? Easy to do with vlc and a bat file? I'd appreciated your ideas and comments. Maybe post the bat file that makes vlc on the pc send this, and a way of getting vlc on the android to play it? Thnx in advance.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”