Cannot clear video history

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
Wurlitzer28
New Cone
New Cone

Cannot clear video history

Postby Wurlitzer28 » 25 May 2018 16:44

Setup:
Win 7 PC running Kodi ServerWMC saving all recordings to "Recorded TV" directory
NVIDIA Shield running VLC because KODI will constantly freeze video while audio continues but VLC manages to play fairly well
NVIDIA shield connects to my PC's Recorded TV directory via WiFi.

Symptoms:
In the past 6+ months I can no longer delete recorded videos viewed by NVIDIA/VLC unless I reboot the PC. Administrator rights still do not allow deletion unless done right after a reboot. NOTE: These deleted files still show, but cannot of course be played on the NVIDIA/VLC.

Files viewed using a KODI Client on a Raspberry Pi CAN BE deleted without issue on the KODI client.

QUESTIONS/Issues:
#1) Biggest problem is even after rebooting the PC and manually deleting the videos from the "Recorded TV" directory those deleted files still show up in VLC on the NVIDIA Shield all with the same name with the most recent being the furthest to the right. These are nothing but my local nightly news shows but eventually I'll be spending minutes scrolling to the right to find the latest one.

#2) The VLC/NVIDIA app seems very limited in tools to manage files or I am missing the magic sequence to delete a file right from VLC.

#3) Smaller problem and may be operator ignorance, it seems every time I browse to my local network using VLC the number of connections constantly changes and some times the Windows Media Center icon never appears and I cannot view the recorded videos on my PC.

#4) Is there a quicker way to close the VLC app on the NVIDIA Shield other than Esc, Esc, Esc....?

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”