Way to automate changing aspect ratio and repeat setting?

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
killeryellow
New Cone
New Cone

Way to automate changing aspect ratio and repeat setting?

Postby killeryellow » 28 Jun 2016 07:47

Hi,

I'm using tablets for an exhibit and need some help figuring out how to change the 'repeat' and 'aspect ratio' settings automatically so that they can loop continously with a "fit vertically" setting. The museum staff are not reliably technically proficient so I need everything to either be automated or to be one click.

I'm using Lenovo tablets that power on and off automatically and using Tasker to launch VLC, but am not having any luck using the Autoinput plugin to click on the player interface buttons for the aspect ratio and looping option. Is there a way to set those settings directly instead of trying to simulate user taps at specific positions on the screen via Autoinput?

I know that I can use Autoinput to find buttons that have specific text (for example, "select video") and tap on the corresponding button but I don't know what the text for the buttons in the VLC interface is. I can also use a video looper app, but those are so simple that there is no control over aspect ratio.

Any help with approaching this would be appreciated!

Corbax
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Way to automate changing aspect ratio and repeat setting?

Postby Corbax » 28 Jun 2016 10:05

Long click on a video, then Play All.

During playback, modify the aspect ratio. Click also on Advance Option then Loop.

That should work.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”