Trouble getting subtitles to work in the pop-up window (also can't sort file list)

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
Razor512
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Trouble getting subtitles to work in the pop-up window (also can't sort file list)

Postby Razor512 » 22 Jun 2016 06:43

It is great that we are finally getting the pop-up player, and network share support, but I have been having trouble getting certain functions to work.

Mainly, subtitles in the pop-up window. That is the function I miss most from dice player (most fully featured pop-up video play I have ever used, full playback controls in the pop-up window, as well as resizable subtitles.

Up til now, I have used BSplayer, but it has always been very unstable with the pop-up window randomly closing and not saving the last position.

Other than that, is there a way to change the way a file list is sorted, e.g., having the latest files at the top of the list rather than alphabetical order?

Dekans
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Re: Trouble getting subtitles to work in the pop-up window (also can't sort file list)

Postby Dekans » 28 Jun 2016 10:36

Hello,

Subtitles view is not implemented yet in the popup view, but it's on our to-do list.
It should have been easy, but we have to figure out why it's not.

For the files sorting, it's already there in the video grid/list view, but not in the file browser.
For such features, we prefer to wait VLC 3.0 branch, it will come with a huge refactor of VLC media library.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”