How to create a playlist on Android phone?

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
pomme
New Cone
New Cone

How to create a playlist on Android phone?

Postby pomme » 01 Mar 2016 01:37

I found this forum thread from 2015 (https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.ph ... st#p437267), but still couldn't figure out how to create a playlist in VLC. Contrary to the suggestions in the thread, I could not find any buttons or press-and-hold options to "open queue list" or "create playlist". I do know how to select a song and press APPEND, but I'm not sure what happens to the song after it's appended, or what it's appended to. I see no queue of any kind.

I have a Moto E phone running Android 5.0.2. Can anyone provide specific instructions on how to create a playlist?

pomme
New Cone
New Cone

Re: How to create a playlist on Android phone?

Postby pomme » 05 Mar 2016 18:41

The profound silence on this topic implies there is no way to create a playlist in VLC. Disappointing, but I guess that's clear enough. VLC is otherwise a nice player, at least for video where playlists are less important ...

painless187
New Cone
New Cone

Postby painless187 » 18 Mar 2016 15:50

I just joined this forum because I saw your post. I do not have a solution to this problem but I want to add that I think if there was a star icon added to the gui that would make it super easy for the Android user to add a song to a playlist. 1-click would be AWESOME!

Dekans
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Postby Dekans » 18 Mar 2016 18:25

VLC for Android version 1.9.3 provides this feature, you can add any audio media to a playlist.

"Append" will add the media to the current playback list.

You need to register to the beta to get this version: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.videolan.vlc

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”