Feature request

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
Dhruv
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Feature request

Postby Dhruv » 13 Nov 2015 06:34

Please add the feature of prev and next button for videos,continuous play of videos,infinite loop feature,online subtitle search and selecting decoder option like hw ,hw+,sw from video ui menu

Dekans
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Re: Feature request

Postby Dekans » 13 Nov 2015 16:33

These features are on our todo list.

But some of them may take some time to implement.

Dekans
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Postby Dekans » 13 Nov 2015 16:33

For looping a single video, you can long press on play/pause UI button.

Dhruv
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Dhruv » 14 Nov 2015 06:19

Thank you

Sparktank
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Sparktank » 08 Dec 2015 14:27

I would love to see continuous play added, too.
Great for series in a folder.
With the Sleep function, it'll be perfect for late nights.

Also saving last subtitle state would be useful, too.

drwin
New Cone
New Cone

Postby drwin » 12 May 2016 03:26

I see that continuous play (of video playlist) and endless loop are both on the "to do" list for the program developers. (BTW it would be great to have endless loop option of one video clip only, or the entire playlist start to finish.)

Is there a way to be notified when this happens? This is my main/only reason for wanting to add VLC to my Sony 4K TV. (I use VLC a lot on my laptop, but that's a different activity.)

Thanks!

ebohatch
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ebohatch » 24 May 2016 14:45

I have VLC 1.9 on my Android 6.0.1 tablet. Works great casting to my TV. But one issue with the network access. I can select my NAS storage through VLC but it doesn't recognize the associated .srt file. If I attempt to add a CC file it doesn't recognize the network storage. I must first transfer both to my internal drive, then select the video from there, then closed captioning works fine without the need to add it.

drwin
New Cone
New Cone

Postby drwin » 24 May 2016 21:36

On this page:
https://www.vlchelp.com/define-action-v ... list-ends/
There is a screenshot of the control panel Preferences which shows a list of options. The options are found under the Advanced Preferences under Playlist. They include "Play files randomly forever," "Repeat all," and "Repeat current item." These apparently can be set and retained.
So it looks like continuous play and endless loop have both been implemented.

royleith
New Cone
New Cone

Postby royleith » 25 May 2016 14:53

I'm using Android V. 1.7.5 and it may be that VLC 1.9 deals with these points. They are all about playing audio.

VLC remembers the most recent settings for icons, but it would be useful to have them as preference settings.

ATM, when a playlist is selected, it starts playing immediately. It would be helpful if this only happened when the 'cycle' icon (bottom right) is enabled (orange).

When the 'cycle' icon is enabled with a '1' at it's centre it repeats the same tune (as expected). When there is no '1' it automatically switches to the next track in the playlist and starts playing it. It would be helpful if, when the icon is disabled (black), the player stops after the current track. Some folk might also like the option that when there is a 'P' in the centre of the 'cycle' icon, the entire playlist repeats.

When a playlist is selected, it would be preferable if the playlist scrolled up into view, rather than the playlist selection page remaining in view.

Tooltips that pop-up when an icon is pressed and held would be helpful. For instance, the 'crossed arrows' icon, bottom left, can be enabled and disabled, but does not appear to do anything. A pop-up would show what it is intended to do and might just prevent a feature request.

On a general note, a 'version log' for each recent major version would be useful to list newly added features and major bug fixes.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”