Wondering about two features

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
jujube
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Wondering about two features

Postby jujube » 22 Sep 2015 11:28

I really like the VLC app for iOS. I'm considering acquiring an Android device and would like to know if Android's VLC app has the same features. Can anyone tell me whether the Android version has the video filters, specifically the gamma feature. It is great for lightening up dark videos. And does it have on screen volume controls? With movies' volume so low when talking then blaring when the music kicks in, you must have a volume bar! Thank you.

edwardw
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.0-git

Re: Wondering about two features

Postby edwardw » 30 Sep 2015 08:27

1) Not yet.

2) You can use the device's volume buttons for that.

jujube
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby jujube » 30 Sep 2015 13:43

I was asking about a soft volume bar. It's very awkward having to press down on the hard volume buttons when you have the device on a stand. It's much easier and quicker to swipe or tap a volume bar in the app. Every video app I've used has soft volume controls.

I did just get to try the Android app and was about to report back here. You're right, it doesn't have the video filters. It does however have volume control in the app. Not a bar per se, but using gestures. You can swipe up on the screen on the RIGHT side to increase the volume and swipe down to decrease. The same procedure on the left side controls the brightness. Hopefully they will add the video filters eventually as in their iOS app.

Thank you for your reply.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 30 Oct 2015 19:17

You can swipe to have volume, yes.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”