Help disabling chromecast or correctly configuring protoc

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
feldman3
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Help disabling chromecast or correctly configuring protoc

Postby feldman3 » 31 Mar 2015 17:12

I have been trying nonstop since last Thursday to compile VLC for android with the encoders for takeSnapShot compiled in. From a few other forum posts, I have gathered that the way to do this is by enabling sout in the configuration, and enabling encoder=png in the ffmpeg rules.mak. I believe I have done this correctly. Unfortunately, whenever I have sout enabled my build fails while trying to use protoc in modules/stream_out/chromecast. Every single time, regardless of what I try. protoc --version tells me I am using 2.6.1, which should be high enough to work. So my question is, is there a specific way for me to configure and or install protoc for my 64 bit, Ubuntu 14.04 machine?

I don't even need chromecast support for what I am trying to do, so I have also tried to disable it. Disabling gives me other errors referring to chromaprint and an access module.

I don't have access to the exact error messages at this moment, but I will update this post in about an hour with the exact issues I have been having.

Please. Has anyone had any similar experiences? I have been beating my head against the wall with this for almost a week.

Back with the error messages.

This was after I tried directing PROTOC to the directory where it is installed on the computer:

Code: Select all

make[2]: Leaving directory `/android/android/vlc/build-android-arm-linux-androideabi/src' Making all in modules make[2]: Entering directory `/android/android/vlc/build-android-arm-linux-androideabi/modules' /android/android/vlc/protobuf-2.6.0/src/protoc --cpp_out=. -I ../../modules/stream_out/chromecast/cast_channel.proto Missing input file. make[2]: *** [stream_out/chromecast/cast_channel.pb.h] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/android/android/vlc/build-android-arm-linux-androideabi/modules' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/android/android/vlc/build-android-arm-linux-androideabi' make: *** [all] Error 2 vlc: make failed
I came on this morning to to recreate the original error and share it here have so far been unable to. I just got this output and I don't know if it is better or worse.

libtool: finish: PATH="/android/android/vlc/extras/tools/build/bin:/android/android/vlc/extras/tools/build/bin:/android/android-ndk-r10d/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/android/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools:/android/android-sdk-linux/tools:/android/android/vlc/contrib/contrib-android-arm-linux-androideabi/../arm-linux-androideabi/bin:/sbin" ldconfig -n /android/android/vlc/contrib/arm-linux-androideabi/lib ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Libraries have been installed in: /android/android/vlc/contrib/arm-linux-androideabi/lib If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and specify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR' flag during linking and do at least one of the following: - add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable during execution - add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable during linking - use the `-Wl,-rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag - have your system administrator add LIBDIR to `/etc/ld.so.conf' See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- /bin/mkdir -p '/android/android/vlc/contrib/arm-linux-androideabi/bin' /bin/bash ../libtool --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c protoc '/android/android/vlc/contrib/arm-linux-androideabi/bin' libtool: install: /usr/bin/install -c protoc /android/android/vlc/contrib/arm-linux-androideabi/bin/protoc make[4]: Leaving directory `/android/android/vlc/contrib/contrib-android-arm-linux-androideabi/protobuf/src' make[3]: Leaving directory `/android/android/vlc/contrib/contrib-android-arm-linux-androideabi/protobuf/src' make[2]: Leaving directory `/android/android/vlc/contrib/contrib-android-arm-linux-androideabi/protobuf/src' make[1]: Leaving directory `/android/android/vlc/contrib/contrib-android-arm-linux-androideabi/protobuf' touch .protobuf contribs: make failed

feldman3
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Help disabling chromecast or correctly configuring protoc

Postby feldman3 » 31 Mar 2015 19:38

This is the newest error after updating cmake and reinstall protoc 2.6.0

<command-line>:0:17: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '-' token ../../include/vlc_plugin.h:205:36: note: in definition of macro 'CRUDE_HACK' #define CRUDE_HACK( y, z ) y##__##z ^ ../../include/vlc_plugin.h:212:36: note: in expansion of macro 'CONCATENATE' # define __VLC_SYMBOL( symbol ) CONCATENATE( symbol, MODULE_NAME ) ^ ../../include/vlc_plugin.h:212:57: note: in expansion of macro 'MODULE_NAME' # define __VLC_SYMBOL( symbol ) CONCATENATE( symbol, MODULE_NAME ) ^ ../../include/vlc_plugin.h:507:5: note: in expansion of macro '__VLC_SYMBOL' __VLC_SYMBOL(vlc_entry_ ## name) (void) \ ^ ../../include/vlc_plugin.h:541:29: note: in expansion of macro 'VLC_META_EXPORT' # define VLC_LICENSE_EXPORT VLC_META_EXPORT(license, VLC_MODULE_LICENSE) ^ ../../include/vlc_plugin.h:546:5: note: in expansion of macro 'VLC_LICENSE_EXPORT' VLC_LICENSE_EXPORT ^ ../../include/vlc_plugin.h:267:1: note: in expansion of macro 'VLC_METADATA_EXPORTS' VLC_METADATA_EXPORTS ^ ../../modules/access/imem-access.c:177:1: note: in expansion of macro 'vlc_module_end' vlc_module_end() ^ ../../modules/access/imem-access.c:116:12: warning: 'Open' defined but not used [-Wunused-function] static int Open(vlc_object_t *object) ^ ../../modules/access/imem-access.c:158:13: warning: 'Close' defined but not used [-Wunused-function] static void Close(vlc_object_t *object) ^ make[4]: *** [access/imem-access.lo] Error 1 make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... make[4]: Leaving directory `/android/android/vlc/build-android-arm-linux-androideabi/modules' make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[3]: Leaving directory `/android/android/vlc/build-android-arm-linux-androideabi/modules' make[2]: *** [all] Error 2 make[2]: Leaving directory `/android/android/vlc/build-android-arm-linux-androideabi/modules' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/android/android/vlc/build-android-arm-linux-androideabi' make: *** [all] Error 2 vlc: make failed

edwardw
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.0-git

Postby edwardw » 01 Apr 2015 09:10

Have you tried a clean build?

feldman3
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby feldman3 » 08 Apr 2015 19:12

Thank you for replying, I hadn't seen it until now. I tried a clean build about a dozen times and had no luck. I eventually solved my problem by checking out an older version of VLC and following the directions here https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.ph ... ot#p413287 .

I checked out a version of the project from November (which is when that original forum post was made). I probably wouldn't reccomend that others do this, but it worked for me as I needed VLC almost exclusively for the snapshot feature.

If you see this, I was wondering if it was possible to access the stream without attaching to a Surface? So far, without the surface, the stream loads and buffers successfully but then stops with the following errors

04-08 12:56:40.699: D/VLC(15203): live555 demux: tk->rtpSource->hasBeenSynchronizedUsingRTCP()
04-08 12:56:40.699: E/VLC(15203): core input: ES_OUT_RESET_PCR called

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”