stop() causes ANR

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
ZartPARZ
New Cone
New Cone

stop() causes ANR

Postby ZartPARZ » 26 Nov 2014 09:34

Hi,

I am coding a video player using android as backbone to play udp multicast streams. The stream can be played without any problem. However, when I try to stop the stream by calling LibVLC.stop() or AudioServiceController.getInstance().stop() the system freeze and ANR dialog pop-up. This is not always happen, sometime it stop the stream properly but frequently it is not. Is there another way to stop the playing stream? Or is there any condition need to be fullfill before calling stop()?

Thank for your help.

busybeeCS
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: stop() causes ANR

Postby busybeeCS » 03 Dec 2014 05:55

indeed, stop() always speeds much time or leads to crash. it is a serous problem.

ZartPARZ
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ZartPARZ » 03 Dec 2014 07:09

Thank for your reply.

It's a pain to hear that. I tried to change channel (udp stream) by calling stop then play the new channel. It causes a lot of ANR. Anyone know a way to change the stream without triggering this problem?

Thank you.

ZartPARZ
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ZartPARZ » 08 Dec 2014 07:45

I have found a work around to my problem here >> https://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/ ... 98020.html. It is specific to UDP stream on android.

As the authur and Rémi Denis-Courmont suggest later that this is not a solution to the root of the problem, however, it does solve my problem.

Thank.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”