m4a stop playing when smartphone is locked.

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
sylarol
New Cone
New Cone

m4a stop playing when smartphone is locked.

Postby sylarol » 02 Dec 2014 06:23

Hi,
I have a Samsung Note3 with the newest Android version and the latest VLC build (from October 16, 2014) from Google Play and I encounter the problem that the m4a-fomrat podcasts that I'm listening to stops whenever the display is locked.
I think this problem was overlooked because it doesn't lock when the file are playing normally. In my case I'm using a Samsung EF-TN900BBEGWW Inductives S-View Case für Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005, so every time I close the cover the podcast stops.

It should be a priority nevertheless, because even if doesn't stop if the phone is not locked. (what normaly is the case), it also doesn't turn of the Display. So in the end VLC leaches much more Energy than is necessary.

edwardw
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.0-git

Re: m4a stop playing when smartphone is locked.

Postby edwardw » 10 Dec 2014 02:15

Perhaps your CPU is set to throttle when the screen is off.

sylarol
New Cone
New Cone

Postby sylarol » 22 Dec 2014 17:51

Some Update that on the "problem".
The file that causes this problem is a enhanced m4a, that means there are images with links embedded in them.
I think VLC handles it like a video and stops playing when the display is turned off. It also appears that the vlc player in general has a problem with audiofiles and with images and chapters.

edwardw
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.0-git

Postby edwardw » 22 Dec 2014 19:36

You can long-click on the file and select "Play as audio". This will force the audio player and will allow background playback.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”