Compile problem when changing ANDROID_ABI

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
Fradow
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Compile problem when changing ANDROID_ABI

Postby Fradow » 28 Jan 2014 09:41

The compilation works fine the first time I run compile.sh. The problem is, when I change ANDROID_ABI (to support another architecture, I need to build all of them), the compilation stop working with always the same error :

Code: Select all

checking for LIVE555... no configure: WARNING: No package 'live555' found. checking for live555 version 1324598400 or later... no configure: WARNING: live555 is missing or its installed version is too old: Version 2011.12.23 or later is required to proceed. You can get an updated one from http://www.live555.com/liveMedia . configure: error: Update live555 or pass --disable-live555 to disable RTSP input support.
Obviously, disabling live555 is not the solution here, since after doing that I have the same problems for other libs.

I would probably need to clean some files so that the libraries are re-compiled for the currenct architecture : what are the folders I should check ? And is there any way to automate the clean when changing the architecture ?

P.S. : I tested compiling first for armeabi-v7a then x86, and I also tested x86 first then armeabi-v7a, the same problem happens.

edwardw
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.0-git

Re: Compile problem when changing ANDROID_ABI

Postby edwardw » 28 Jan 2014 13:24

You should compile in a different folder.

This sounds like a contrib problem.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”