Reading files from external drives

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
RPWithey
New Cone
New Cone

Reading files from external drives

Postby RPWithey » 26 Oct 2012 23:41

Hi,

As a satisfied user of the Windows VLC player, I have just download the Android beta for my new Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. The main impetus is that I want to be able to play files directly from my video camera.

Not sure if I've missed something obvious, or it's not implemented yet, but I don't seem to be able to browse for files on anything other than the internal drive. If I copy files from the external drive (i.e. the video camera), to the internal drive, I can view files without a problem, but when I go to the browser, the only folders I see are on the internal drive.

I appreciate that this is only a beta, and it might not be implemented yet, but I wanted to be sure I hadn't missed a trick.

Regards
Robin Withey

edwardw
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.0-git

Re: Reading files from external drives

Postby edwardw » 27 Oct 2012 00:17

Look in Preferences→Root and you should be able to select an external mount.

RPWithey
New Cone
New Cone

Postby RPWithey » 27 Oct 2012 16:16

That works fine, but note I had to close and reopen the folders view to refresh the displayed files.

Thanks for the help

kevinau
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby kevinau » 28 Oct 2012 03:50

I just download a new beta and found that the folder icon on the top bar no longer appear. I think it is better to keep the folder icon as it is more easy to use in particular for beginner. I also play videos from external mount.

edwardw
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.0-git

Postby edwardw » 28 Oct 2012 13:50

I just download a new beta and found that the folder icon on the top bar no longer appear. I think it is better to keep the folder icon as it is more easy to use in particular for beginner. I also play videos from external mount.
Directory view, like Audio, Video and History, is now in the sidebar.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”