Bug fixes deadline coming : hurry up

This is a special forum aimed at testing and reporting regressions that happens on VLC 1.0.0.

This IS just about REGRESSIONS AND TESTING, no feature requests or bug reporting for OLD issues.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Bug fixes deadline coming : hurry up

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 05 May 2009 17:23

The first release candidate of VLC 1.0.0 should come within a week. That means it is high time to submit any bug fixes to the VLC-devel mailing list. Because bug fixes tend to introduce regressions on their own, we will have to be more conservative after RC2 is out, which leaves very little time.

As usual, bugs that are not fixed by the deadline will be grand-fathered as "not regressions anymore", and be postponed sine milestone.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Re: Bug fixes deadline coming : hurry up

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 05 Jul 2009 19:49

As you are reading this, it is probably too late. 1.0.0 is coming.

If you have a bug fix for some serious errors, please post it to the vlc-devel mailing list at the earliest. At best, it will still make it to 1.0.0; at worse, we will defer to the 1.0.1 maintenance release, which is bound to happen sooner rather than later.

Many thanks to the few people who did send patches!
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

megas88
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby megas88 » 05 Jul 2009 23:28

I notice really only one major bug and it only applies to those using dual monitors. When hooking up my Macbook pro to my tv using a dvi to yellow av/svideo adapter everything works fine. I can watch vids while doing stuff on my mac but the problem is when staying in full screen and removing said adapter without exiting full screen will lock the screen till vlc crashes. This never happened in the previous releases. Currently using vlc 1.0.0 rc4

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 06 Jul 2009 01:41

This was fixed after rc4.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

globaltrasher
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Capturing Clear QAM (ATSC) - help needed with vlc1.0.0-rc4

Postby globaltrasher » 06 Jul 2009 03:07

Hi,

Capturing Clear QAM (ATSC) seems to be broken - not sure whether it's an issue with how VLC handles "channels.conf" playlist file and its syntax or capturing ATSC in general is not working or both.

Please see my thread for more details - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=61680

I actually also noticed that other user submitted a ticket few days ago that may be of the same nature - https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/2910

Would there be any chance for fixing it anytime soon? I'd appreciate it a lot, Sir! I apologize if this is not the right place to ask...

Return to “VLC 1.0.0 testing”