Channel Name in ActiveX Object

This is a special forum aimed at testing and reporting regressions that happens on VLC 1.0.0.

This IS just about REGRESSIONS AND TESTING, no feature requests or bug reporting for OLD issues.
ikarus76
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Channel Name in ActiveX Object

Postby ikarus76 » 08 Jun 2009 13:34

Hi all,
I've installed rc3 now for testing. I' using the ActiveX Object in an html-page. I use

Code: Select all

var options=new Array(":vout=direct3d", ":vout-filter=deinterlace", ":ffmpeg-skiploopfilter=4"); vlcplayer.playlist.add("udp://@239.0.2.60:8208", "ORF 1", options);
to add various channels to the playlist. Since version 1.0.0 the channel name is not displayed any more, only the url. And the options are ignored too. Any advice how to use the parameters for playlist.add now?

regards,
Michael

cmathe
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Channel Name in ActiveX Object

Postby cmathe » 08 Jun 2009 14:57

Hi,

The vout-options are not available by this way in 1.0.0. But if you want to use deinterlace there is new JS bindings. You can see them here : http://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:WebPlugin in video object.

thannoy
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 0.9.8a & 1.0-git
Operating System: GNU/Linux Fedora10

Postby thannoy » 08 Jun 2009 15:04

"Since version 1.0.0 the channel name is not displayed any more, only the url. And the options are ignored too. Any advice how to use the parameters for playlist.add now?"

1- url displayed instead of channel name: no idea. Fast looking the source code, the inner call is missing the name parameter, I don't even understand how it could compile. I will look at it. Also, if I remember correctly, at least one the the web plugins disables title apparition (option ~= no-videotitleshow), should be mozilla one.
2- You are using unsafe options, which are disabled for the activex (at least "vout-filter" and I think "vout" can lead to security issue). "ffmpeg-skiploopfilter" should work.

NB: option safety feature is hardcoded for security reasons. Its goal is to block someone from writing a malicious webpage to corrupt your system.

ikarus76
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby ikarus76 » 08 Jun 2009 15:37

Hi,

The vout-options are not available by this way in 1.0.0. But if you want to use deinterlace there is new JS bindings. You can see them here : http://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:WebPlugin in video object.
hi,
thank you for your answer! i've tried video.deinterlaceEnable("blend"); but internet explorer says, that this method is not supported. i use vlc 1.0.0 rc3. Maybe this method is only supported in version 1.1.0 and above as stated in the doku
vlc.video.deinterlaceEnable("my_mode"): (supported in vlc version >= 1.1.0) enable deinterlacing with my_mode. You can enable it with "blend", "bob", "discard", "linear", "mean" or "x" mode. Enabling too soon deinterlacing may cause some problems. You have to wait that all variable are available before enabling it.
Do you have any idea, how to enable deinterlacing (maybe globally) in webpages?
Last edited by ikarus76 on 08 Jun 2009 15:44, edited 1 time in total.

ikarus76
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby ikarus76 » 08 Jun 2009 15:44

Hello thannoy, and thank you for your support!
1- url displayed instead of channel name: no idea. Fast looking the source code, the inner call is missing the name parameter, I don't even understand how it could compile. I will look at it. Also, if I remember correctly, at least one the the web plugins disables title apparition (option ~= no-videotitleshow), should be mozilla one.
Ok, this means it looks like a bug and there are chances, that in following version, that feature will work again? :)
2- You are using unsafe options, which are disabled for the activex (at least "vout-filter" and I think "vout" can lead to security issue). "ffmpeg-skiploopfilter" should work.
OK, as told in my previous post: is there any other possiblity to enable deinterlacing?

thannoy
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby thannoy » 08 Jun 2009 16:01

"Ok, this means it looks like a bug and there are chances, that in following version, that feature will work again? :)"
Erm, my coffe is not strong enough. The parameter is ignored, wich is weird but it is normal the code compiles.. The way to add it easily is to use a deprecated stuff I think. I don't know if it will be back in 1.0.0. I will look at it if I remember.

"OK, as told in my previous post: is there any other possiblity to enable deinterlacing?"
JS API will grow to include it. It will be there in VLC 1.1 (already modified in source code).

ikarus76
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby ikarus76 » 09 Jun 2009 09:04

"Ok, this means it looks like a bug and there are chances, that in following version, that feature will work again? :)"
Erm, my coffe is not strong enough. The parameter is ignored, wich is weird but it is normal the code compiles.. The way to add it easily is to use a deprecated stuff I think. I don't know if it will be back in 1.0.0. I will look at it if I remember.
and what do you mean with the "deprecated stuff" ? any hints? do you mean to not use the playlist-object?

thannoy
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby thannoy » 09 Jun 2009 10:03

VLC Web plugins are libraries which depends on libvlc, it mostly bind JavaScript and libvlc. JavaScript side is not deprecated.

libvlc library exports a control interface which is evolving. When I look at it fastly yesterday, its appears to me that the simple way to add an item in the playlist giving its name was to use a deprecated function of libvlc, which is not the best way. Maybe the normal current way is to use two libvlc calls at least (one to add and another to give it a name), but I don't know.

Return to “VLC 1.0.0 testing”