VLC compialtion with msys/minGW

This forum is about all development around libVLC.
jayakara
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLC compialtion with msys/minGW

Postby jayakara » 23 Feb 2011 12:48

Hi all,

I am trying to compile VLC using msys/mingW environment. BUt i am stuck while setting the bootstrap. when i execute bootstrap it showing an error libglib-2.0.0.dll not found . I have followed all the steps mentioned in http://wiki.videolan.org/Win32CompileMSYS. I have tried mutiple times still the same.

Please can some one guide me in right direction.

Best Regard,
Jay

gnosygnu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: VLC compialtion with msys/minGW

Postby gnosygnu » 24 Feb 2011 02:15

On my machine, the full path of libglib-2.0-0.dll is C:\msys\1.0\bin\libglib-2.0-0.dll. When I go to Properties -> Version tab, the version is 2.18.2.0 (I haven't updated for a few months)
I would check to see if you have a file in the same location.

Otherwise, please post full output from the error as it may be helpful.

Hope this helps.

jayakara
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby jayakara » 24 Feb 2011 07:25

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply.I dont find any libglib-2.0-0.dll is C:\msys\1.0\bin\libglib-2.0-0.dll.

cd vlc
cp -v /usr/win32/share/aclocal/* m4/
cp -v /usr/share/aclocal/* m4/
PATH=/usr/win32/bin:$PATH ./bootstrap -- When i pass this command it gives error in dialog box Pk.config.exe unable to locate component
The application failed to start because libglib-2.0-0.dll. was not found re-installing the application may fix the problem.

I tried reinstalling too,but no use.End up with same issue.

I downloaded required dll's and copied manually to bin directory of msys. after that came across different issue . Entry point not found.
error is the procedure enttry point g_assertion_message could not be located in the dynamic link library libglib-2.0.0.dll

Regards,
Jay.

gnosygnu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby gnosygnu » 25 Feb 2011 00:23

I downloaded required dll's and copied manually to bin directory of msys. after that came across different issue . Entry point not found.
error is the procedure enttry point g_assertion_message could not be located in the dynamic link library libglib-2.0.0.dll
So, do you now have a file at C:\msys\1.0\bin\libglib-2.0-0.dll? If so, which version?

For the record, I've not received the g_assertion_message error above. Offhand it sounds like you're still missing files, or the files are in the wrong location.

postman
New Cone
New Cone

Postby postman » 02 Mar 2012 22:38

Glade/GTK+ install failures on Windows XP Pro:

"The procedure entry point g_assertion_message could not be located in the dynamic link library libglib-2.0-0.dll."

libglib-2.0-0.dll found in c:\Glade\bin, c:\Program Files\Graphviz2.26.3\bin, c:\...

Start/Control Panel/System/System Properties/Advanced/Environment Variables
User var's: PATH C:\Glade\bin
System var's: Path C:\PythonActiveState27\;C:\...

Suppose "Path" used for "PATH" and System var's override user var's.
Changed "Path" to C:\Glade\bin;PythonActiveState27\;C:\..., Glade opened without error.

Return to “Development around libVLC”