VisualStudio2005-2008 - connecting, recording an rtp stream

This forum is about all development around libVLC.
Zingaro2002
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VisualStudio2005-2008 - connecting, recording an rtp stream

Postby Zingaro2002 » 19 Feb 2010 12:31

Hi,
I am using VideolanCLient 1.0.5 (and I'm definetely happy with it) to connect to an rtp stream (audio or video) on a port on my local machine, display the stream (or hear it), record it and stream it with/without transcoding to another host on my lan.
IT WORKS.

I'd like to insert this behaviour inside an application I'm making with VB.net 2005 (or VB.net 2008).
In my tests with some VLC wrappers I can connect and display (hear) the stream: now I'd like to have the possibility to start and stop recording (just like pressing the red button on VLC interface) without being forced to close connection.

More over: there must be more than one "VLC-inside-my-application" (each one handling a separate stream).

I mean: my software must have buttons to:
- connect separately to one or more rtp stream/s
- display or hide (without closing connection) one or more of connected stream/s
- start recording (even if stream is not displayed) with/without transcoding
- stop recording (without closing connection!!!)
- stream with/without transcoding to another host on my lan
- disconnect

I am fairly confused about:
libvlcnet - .NET library based on libvlc
VideoLan.Interop a .Net libvlc 0.9.x wrapper
C# Wrapper for libvlc 0.9.0
(I exclude VLC activex since it can't record)

What is the best for my purposes?

Can you please show me some sample code (VB.net or C#) (working, please) that:
- connect
- start record
- stop record (without disconneting)
- stream with/without transcoding to another host

OK, maybe it's too much...
well... let's start with solving these issues
- start record just one rtp stream
- stop record (without disconneting)

Further features...:
- detect if connection is lost and try to reconnect (start recording again when connection is up again)
- display (in two different windows) two different audio-visualizations for the same audio stream (e.g. scope and spectrum) (or at least being able to switch between them without close/restarting connection)
I hope this thread will help many developers: please post here your code (tested).
Let's share our knoledge!

Thanks, very very much to all VLC developers!

pRoFiT
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VisualStudio2005-2008 - connecting, recording an rtp str

Postby pRoFiT » 03 Mar 2010 20:44

I'm trying to accomplish the same thing but with LabView. I've been running in circles all day. Video playback works but i can not save anything for the life of me. I saw one post say activex does not support record or save? But i cant find it in any documentation yet.

Have you figured any of this out for your Visual Studio app? I'm sure seeing VB or VC code i could figure out how to do it in labview :( i just cant find examples anywhere on using VLC inside visual studio anywhere? At least not anything on saving.

pRoFiT
New Cone
New Cone

Postby pRoFiT » 04 Oct 2010 20:58

FYI: I took the easy way out and run command line arguments to vlc and then wait for a set amount of time and then tell the vlc window to close using sendmessage commands. At least i get my 10 seconds of video i wanted.

Zingaro2002
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Zingaro2002 » 05 Oct 2010 10:06

FYI: I took the easy way out and run command line arguments to vlc and then wait for a set amount of time and then tell the vlc window to close using sendmessage commands. At least i get my 10 seconds of video i wanted.
Uhm... "sendmessage commands"... how do you do that?
Do you brutally close vlc instance? (it can give choppy video files (depending on what codec you are using))

Ok, it's an easy way but you have no interaction (and have no status information...)

angjiths
New Cone
New Cone

Postby angjiths » 11 Oct 2010 09:57

hi.

Did you managed to get VLC stream on ya C++ application ? which environment did u setup the Libvlc on ?

My aim is to get a VLC stream to run on my VS2005 C++ application.
do u have any tutorials to guide me along to setup the environment and which specific modules/api should i look upon ?

thanks.

Return to “Development around libVLC”