pass arguments to libvlc/jvlc

This forum is about all development around libVLC.
matkas
New Cone
New Cone

pass arguments to libvlc/jvlc

Postby matkas » 27 Jan 2010 22:46

Hi All,

I am using the java libvlc binding to grab snapshots from screen:// with the video.getSnapshot() method. Currently this works and I am getting png files.

Now I want to have jpeg files instead of the png files, so i tried to add different options to the libvlc:

Code: Select all

MediaDescriptor mediaDescriptor = new MediaDescriptor(jvlc,"screen://"); mediaDescriptor.addOption("--scene-format jpg"); mediaDescriptor.addOption("--snapshot-format jpg"); mediaDescriptor.addOption("--config path/to/vlcrc"); // config file with according configurations
None of this worked and I am still getting png files.

Another problem is, that I tried to transcode and stream with the libvlc and the jvlc binding. Therefor I passed the following to the mediaDescriptor.

Code: Select all

mediaDescriptor.addOption("--sout='#transcode{....}:standard{....}'");
I do not get any feedback about passed options from the debugging outputs. It seems, libvlc does not get anything from the options I am passing.

Some arguments, e.g. "-vvv" and "--no-osd", can be passed successfully directly with the instantiation variables (JVLC jvlc = new JVLC(args)).

Am I doing something wrong with passing the options?
Does someone has an idea, how to pass options to the libvlc?

Thanks
Mathias

mangokm40
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Re: pass arguments to libvlc/jvlc

Postby mangokm40 » 09 Dec 2013 14:57

I write in C. I've been using libvlc_video_take_snapshot() and have simply used a ".jpg" extension for the output file.
I've had no problem with the images captured. After reading this thread, I examined the images and they are "png" images with "jpg" extension. Yet, I've had no trouble using the output as if they were "jpg" images (for a couple of years). :D

Thanks for the information (in 2010)...and thanks for accidentally bumping this thread (in 2013).... :)

Return to “Development around libVLC”