Problems using LibVlcNet

This forum is about all development around libVLC.
charter
New Cone
New Cone

Problems using LibVlcNet

Postby charter » 03 Sep 2009 12:32

Hello

I'm currently working on a little C# application whose objective is simple: play a main video in loop and launch a specific video if an event occurs (a pressed key for exemple). I got a surveillance thread that trigger asynchronous calls to libVlcNet (using BeginInvoke method).

This API provides a winform "videoWindow" and when I want to play a video I simply call the method Play(MediaInput) of the videoWindow member "VlcPlayerControl".

Once the soft is launched I call this method in two different ways:

-> In a callback who suscribed to the "EndReached" event. This event is triggered by libVlcNet as soon as the current video ends.
In it I just launch the default video.

-> In a callback who suscribed to the "Event(string videoPath)". This event is triggered asynchronously in the surveillance thread with BeginInvoke method.

So now that you have the context now come the problems :?

The first way works when vlc is in window mode but doesn't in fullscreen (by fullscreen i mean the mode obtained by double clicking the video not the maximised window mode). And the second way works in fullscreen but not in window mode.

If anybody already got this problem or know a different libVlc .net binding compatible with my needs (mainly fullscreen video rendering) please post.

XilasZ
Developer
Developer

Re: Problems using LibVlcNet

Postby XilasZ » 03 Sep 2009 17:04

Don't know if this helps, but in my case, i had issues with the fullscreen mode handled directly by libvlc, so i blocked it, and simulated the fullscreen myself : resize to screen size on double click (but not maximize, it spread outside the screen).

PS: i use another wrapper, not LibVlcNet

tamiro44
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby tamiro44 » 14 Apr 2010 08:39

Hi XilasZ,
How did you block the fullscreen mode?
Tamiro.

XilasZ
Developer
Developer

Postby XilasZ » 15 Apr 2010 10:55

I use WPF. My display surface is a simple panel embedded inside a "WindowsFormsHost". To block everything, i just disabled the WindowsFormsHost, so that no mouse interaction is sent to the panel.

tamiro44

Postby tamiro44 » 15 Apr 2010 11:02

Can i do somthing if i use VS2005?

XilasZ
Developer
Developer

Postby XilasZ » 16 Apr 2010 17:16

You mean if you use winforms ? probably, try to disabled the container