LibVLC for Window compile issue under debian...

This forum is about all development around libVLC.
wcoder
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

LibVLC for Window compile issue under debian...

Postby wcoder » 25 Aug 2014 18:31

I try to compile libvlc for window (32 bits) under debian dev (32 bits) and i have an error :
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/win32/modules'
CCLD libavcodec_plugin.la
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libavutil.a(time.o): In function `av_usleep':
/home/jb/vlc-2.2/contrib/mingw64/ffmpeg/libavutil/time.c:58: undefined reference to `nanosleep'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:5373: recipe for target 'libavcodec_plugin.la' failed
make[4]: *** [libavcodec_plugin.la] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/win32/modules'
Makefile:9852: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/win32/modules'
Makefile:4597: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/win32/modules'
Makefile:1951: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/win32'
Makefile:1835: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

I use this proc from : https://wiki.videolan.org/Win32Compile :
start on : /home/wizard/Downloads/
git clone git://git.videolan.org/vlc.git vlc
cd vlc
mkdir -p contrib/win32
cd contrib/win32
../bootstrap --host=i686-w64-mingw32
make prebuilt
cd /home/wizard/Downloads/vlc
./bootstrap
mkdir win32 && cd win32
export PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/vlc/contrib/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/pkgconfig
../extras/package/win32/configure.sh --host=i686-w64-mingw32
make << Error occur after a lot of line...

Do i forgot some things ?

I Try to add :
../configure --host=i686-w64-mingw32
make

But result is the same...

I Try to compile 3rd party too but it failed to :
$ mkdir -p contrib/win32
$ cd contrib/win32
$ ../bootstrap --host=i686-w64-mingw32
$ make fetch
$ make

Log:
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/fontconfig/fc-cache'
CC fc-cache.o
CCLD fc-cache.exe
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libfreetype.a(autofit.o): In function `af_face_globals_new':
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/afglobal.c:326: undefined reference to `hb_ft_font_create'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libfreetype.a(autofit.o): In function `af_face_globals_free':
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/afglobal.c:371: undefined reference to `hb_font_destroy'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libfreetype.a(autofit.o): In function `af_get_coverage':
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:126: undefined reference to `hb_font_get_face'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:128: undefined reference to `hb_set_create'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:129: undefined reference to `hb_set_create'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:130: undefined reference to `hb_set_create'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:131: undefined reference to `hb_set_create'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:139: undefined reference to `hb_ot_tags_from_script'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:165: undefined reference to `hb_ot_layout_collect_lookups'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:172: undefined reference to `hb_set_is_empty'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:175: undefined reference to `hb_ot_layout_collect_lookups'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:198: undefined reference to `hb_ot_layout_lookup_collect_glyphs'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:190: undefined reference to `hb_set_next'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:229: undefined reference to `hb_ot_layout_lookup_collect_glyphs'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:221: undefined reference to `hb_set_next'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:274: undefined reference to `hb_ot_layout_lookup_would_substitute'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:269: undefined reference to `hb_set_next'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:332: undefined reference to `hb_set_subtract'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:339: undefined reference to `hb_set_next'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:366: undefined reference to `hb_set_destroy'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:367: undefined reference to `hb_set_destroy'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:368: undefined reference to `hb_set_destroy'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:369: undefined reference to `hb_set_destroy'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libfreetype.a(autofit.o): In function `af_get_char_index':
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:433: undefined reference to `hb_buffer_create'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:443: undefined reference to `hb_font_set_scale'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:446: undefined reference to `hb_buffer_set_direction'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:447: undefined reference to `hb_buffer_set_script'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:450: undefined reference to `hb_buffer_add_utf32'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:453: undefined reference to `hb_shape'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:455: undefined reference to `hb_buffer_get_glyph_infos'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:456: undefined reference to `hb_buffer_get_glyph_positions'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/autofit/hbshim.c:473: undefined reference to `hb_buffer_destroy'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libfreetype.a(ftgzip.o): In function `ft_gzip_file_init':
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/gzip/ftgzip.c:308: undefined reference to `inflateInit2_'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libfreetype.a(ftgzip.o): In function `ft_gzip_file_done':
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/gzip/ftgzip.c:323: undefined reference to `inflateEnd'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libfreetype.a(ftgzip.o): In function `ft_gzip_file_reset':
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/gzip/ftgzip.c:352: undefined reference to `inflateReset'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libfreetype.a(ftgzip.o): In function `ft_gzip_file_fill_output':
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/gzip/ftgzip.c:426: undefined reference to `inflate'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libfreetype.a(ftgzip.o): In function `FT_Gzip_Uncompress':
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/gzip/ftgzip.c:715: undefined reference to `inflateInit2_'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/gzip/ftgzip.c:719: undefined reference to `inflate'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/gzip/ftgzip.c:722: undefined reference to `inflateEnd'
/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/gzip/ftgzip.c:730: undefined reference to `inflateEnd'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:474: recipe for target 'fc-cache.exe' failed
make[3]: *** [fc-cache.exe] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/fontconfig/fc-cache'
Makefile:561: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/fontconfig'
Makefile:444: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/win32/fontconfig'
../../contrib/src/fontconfig/rules.mak:53: recipe for target '.fontconfig' failed
make: *** [.fontconfig] Error 2

Thanks for your help...

WCdr

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: LibVLC for Window compile issue under debian...

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 25 Aug 2014 20:08

For the first part, you need to recompile ffmpeg. It's a bit hard.

I will try to fix it for you. Did you try a more recent contrib folder?
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

wcoder
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby wcoder » 26 Aug 2014 18:22

Thanks for your help for ffmpeg... my level is not enough to do this kind of things...

For your question : Did you try a more recent contrib folder?
Why not, but i don't know how doing ?

My goal is to generate libvlc dll and associated ".h\.a" for pair window\Mingw-w64...
It's for a custom player using OpenGL with out of tree module video and audio out modules.
I already do the job for Linux and Android, and except for the audio module under Android every things is working fine...

Thanks for your help,

WCdr

XilasZ
Developer
Developer

Postby XilasZ » 02 Sep 2014 09:26

I have some of those errors too when building win32 with i686-w64-mingw32 on ubuntu :

Code: Select all

make all-recursive make[1]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/xilasz/vlc/win32 » Making all in compat make[2]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/xilasz/vlc/win32/compat » make all-am make[3]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/xilasz/vlc/win32/compat » make[3]: Rien à faire pour « all-am ». make[3]: quittant le répertoire « /home/xilasz/vlc/win32/compat » make[2]: quittant le répertoire « /home/xilasz/vlc/win32/compat » Making all in doc make[2]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/xilasz/vlc/win32/doc » make[2]: Rien à faire pour « all ». make[2]: quittant le répertoire « /home/xilasz/vlc/win32/doc » Making all in po make[2]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/xilasz/vlc/win32/po » make[2]: Rien à faire pour « all ». make[2]: quittant le répertoire « /home/xilasz/vlc/win32/po » Making all in share make[2]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/xilasz/vlc/win32/share » make[2]: Rien à faire pour « all ». make[2]: quittant le répertoire « /home/xilasz/vlc/win32/share » Making all in src make[2]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/xilasz/vlc/win32/src » GEN stamp-revision make all-am make[3]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/xilasz/vlc/win32/src » make[3]: Rien à faire pour « all-am ». make[3]: quittant le répertoire « /home/xilasz/vlc/win32/src » make[2]: quittant le répertoire « /home/xilasz/vlc/win32/src » Making all in modules make[2]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/xilasz/vlc/win32/modules » make all-recursive make[3]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/xilasz/vlc/win32/modules » Making all in . make[4]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/xilasz/vlc/win32/modules » CCLD liblibbluray_plugin.la /home/xilasz/vlc/contrib/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libfreetype.a(ftgzip.o): In function `ft_gzip_file_init': /home/xilasz/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/gzip/ftgzip.c:308: undefined reference to `inflateInit2_' /home/xilasz/vlc/contrib/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libfreetype.a(ftgzip.o): In function `ft_gzip_file_done': /home/xilasz/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/gzip/ftgzip.c:323: undefined reference to `inflateEnd' /home/xilasz/vlc/contrib/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libfreetype.a(ftgzip.o): In function `ft_gzip_file_reset': /home/xilasz/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/gzip/ftgzip.c:352: undefined reference to `inflateReset' /home/xilasz/vlc/contrib/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libfreetype.a(ftgzip.o): In function `ft_gzip_file_fill_output': /home/xilasz/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/gzip/ftgzip.c:426: undefined reference to `inflate' /home/xilasz/vlc/contrib/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libfreetype.a(ftgzip.o): In function `FT_Gzip_Uncompress': /home/xilasz/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/gzip/ftgzip.c:715: undefined reference to `inflateInit2_' /home/xilasz/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/gzip/ftgzip.c:719: undefined reference to `inflate' /home/xilasz/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/gzip/ftgzip.c:722: undefined reference to `inflateEnd' /home/xilasz/vlc/contrib/win32/freetype/src/gzip/ftgzip.c:730: undefined reference to `inflateEnd' collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status make[4]: *** [liblibbluray_plugin.la] Erreur 1 make[4]: quittant le répertoire « /home/xilasz/vlc/win32/modules » make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1 make[3]: quittant le répertoire « /home/xilasz/vlc/win32/modules » make[2]: *** [all] Erreur 2 make[2]: quittant le répertoire « /home/xilasz/vlc/win32/modules » make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1 make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /home/xilasz/vlc/win32 » make: *** [all] Erreur 2
According to google, inflateInit2_ is part of zlib.
I just disable qt & chromaprint, but all the other contribs are building fine, including freetype and zlib.

wcoder
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Temporary solution...

Postby wcoder » 02 Sep 2014 21:47

After one week, i found a solution... base on "Win32Compile"
I don't known if it's the best solution... it may not... there's a lot of warning and some error...but it's work... ~o~
Test done under debian dev with wine and an avi with small bit-rate...
Replace "/home/wizard/Downloads" by your base path
I highlight change.

Exe, dll, Headers and libs are on : vlc/win32/vlc-3.0.0-git/

I don't have the time to restart from scratch to check... yet... if you try please reply on this thread for error or success.

I upload the result ( 400.3 Mb after unpack ) http://6bxhu0p4z8.1fichier.com/

WCdr

git clone git://git.videolan.org/vlc.git vlc
cd vlc
mkdir -p contrib/win32
cd contrib/win32
../bootstrap --host=i686-w64-mingw32
make prebuilt
erase : i686-w64-mingw32 on /home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/
download : ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/videolan/con ... 07.tar.bz2
unpack to : /home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib
cd /home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/i686-w64-mingw32/
../../contrib/src/change_prefix.sh

./bootstrap
mkdir win32 && cd win32
export PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=/home/wizard/Downloads/vlc/contrib/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/pkgconfig
../configure --host=i686-w64-mingw32 --disable-libgcrypt
./compile

make
make package-win-common

XilasZ
Developer
Developer

Postby XilasZ » 08 Sep 2014 11:20

freetype issue is now fixed, you can pull and rebuild your contribs.

Return to “Development around libVLC”