Visual Studio 2012 VB - transcode problem

This forum is about all development around libVLC.
dnauk
New Cone
New Cone

Visual Studio 2012 VB - transcode problem

Postby dnauk » 12 Sep 2013 00:04

Hello all you VLC plugin gurus. Ages ago I developed a VB6 application which monitored IP cameras and made scheduled recordings, this used WebBrowser controls.

I am rewriting the application under Visual Studio 2012 and attempting to do this with the VLCPlugin2, camera output display is no problem but I cannot get the plugin to transcode and save to a file. Relevant code is:

Code: Select all

Dim strFilespec As String Dim strOptions As String strFilespec = "D:\Capture\Video\C" & CStr(intSelectedCam) & Format$(Now(), "yyyyMMddHHmmss") & ".avi" strOptions = ":sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=1024,scale=1}:std{access=file,mux=mp4,dst='" & strFilespec & "'}" Dim arOptions As Object() = New Object(0) {strOptions} AxVLCplayer1.playlist.stop() AxVLCplayer1.playlist.items.clear() AxVLCplayer1.playlist.add(strVideoURL, , arOptions) AxVLCplayer1.video.marquee.enable() AxVLCplayer1.video.marquee.text = strOverlay AxVLCplayer1.video.marquee.Position = "Left" AxVLCplayer1.video.marquee.size = 20 AxVLCplayer1.playlist.play()
The camera output is displayed but I have two issues, firstly no transcoded file is created and secondly Marquee doesn't show. The :sout string worked fine with the old application with the VLC 0.8.5 activex.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

VDIEng
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Visual Studio 2012 VB - transcode problem

Postby VDIEng » 03 Oct 2013 21:23

I too am/was having some interesting issues with Marquee in a C# app that I am developing using the LibVLC but I have found a work around that may work as well for you.

When the .play() command is executed on the MediaPlayer object the stream address is shown in place of the marquee that I put into the Text, if I wait some period of time after the player has started playing then apply my marquee it shows up fine even if the stream URL is still on the player. I am using VLC v2.0.7 libraries.

HTH, --Tim

Return to “Development around libVLC”