Cannot embed VideoLAN component within vb.net form

This forum is about all development around libVLC.
ButchA
New Cone
New Cone

Cannot embed VideoLAN component within vb.net form

Postby ButchA » 01 Dec 2012 23:06

Hi folks,
I built a windows form using an older activeX plugin v2 of VideoLAN. Now, I installed the latest version 2.0.4. and tried to embed the new plugin but this is no longer possible. I received an error like this (translated from german):

"Error when creating component AxHost... System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: At least one type of assembly could not be loaded..."

I guess this is a more general problem of the new activeX plugin, isn't it? Any suggestions?

Moreover, the name of the new activeX plugins is written in asian letters "䱖⁃捁楴敶⁘汐杵湩愠摮䤠⁅敗⁢汐杵湩 v2" in the list of com objects. That's really strange! Anyway, I could rename the plugin within the toolbox, finally.

Thanks!

RSATom
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
Operating System: Windows/Linux/OsX

Re: Cannot embed VideoLAN component within vb.net form

Postby RSATom » 05 Dec 2012 14:40

You (or someone else) can try compile with this: https://code.google.com/p/vc-axnp-vlc/s ... name=work1 - maybe it will solve problem.

Tintifax
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 3.0.4
Operating System: Windows 10 1809

Re: Cannot embed VideoLAN component within vb.net form

Postby Tintifax » 28 Oct 2013 12:41

Hi,
sorry for posting in an old thread, but nice to hear that I'm not the only one who has this problem.
I just filed in a bug report about this issue.
Is there a similar workaround for VB to the one for C++ form the link provided by RSATom?

Return to “Development around libVLC”