JVLC status

This forum is about all development around libVLC.
Maco_
New Cone
New Cone

Re: JVLC status

Postby Maco_ » 10 Dec 2010 18:31

Ok, I'm only using TestPlayer for the examples I'm posting. I found where the problem was. It's necessary to put the MinimumSize to solve it. It isn't a matter of setSize. Thanks for your answer and help.

irene
New Cone
New Cone

Postby irene » 11 May 2011 17:23

Hello,

I've tested the StreamRtsp example in the vlcj test package, everything works well, I managed to create a rtsp streaming server with a webcam as input.

Would anybody know how I could be informed when a new stream is requested?

I have seen a topic on the subject to do it with libvlc vlm: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=90224#p297975 but I don't see how to do it with vlcj, any idea?

Thanks,

Irene

sebi
New Cone
New Cone

Postby sebi » 17 Jul 2011 13:44

Hello everyone!

We are developing a NetBeans RCP application using vlcj for video playback. The implementation of vlcj is based on the "basic" example/test code provided by vlcj:

Code: Select all

mediaPlayerFactory = new MediaPlayerFactory(VLC_ARGS); mediaPlayer = mediaPlayerFactory.newEmbeddedMediaPlayer(); mediaPlayer.addMediaPlayerEventListener(new PlayerListener()); videoCanvas = new uk.co.caprica.vlcj.runtime.windows.WindowsCanvas(); videoCanvas.setBackground(Color.black); playerPanel.add(videoCanvas, BorderLayout.CENTER); mediaPlayer.setVideoSurface(mediaPlayerFactory.newVideoSurface(videoCanvas));
We now have a few window resizing issues when the player is integrated into a NetBeans TopComponent. One of these issues was, that the window containing the player could only be scaled up, not down. We solved this by adding a ComponentListener to the surrounding panel:

Code: Select all

playerPanel.addComponentListener(new ComponentAdapter() { @Override public void componentResized(final ComponentEvent componentEvent) { if (componentEvent != null) { Component component = componentEvent.getComponent(); if (component != null) { Dimension size = component.getSize(); if (size != null) { videoCanvas.setSize(size.width, size.height); } } } } });
However there is still one issue left. When the player window gets maximized or another window in the NetBeans application is closed triggering a resize of the player window, the player canvas stops showing the video and only shows a black surface while the video continues playing in the background.

Has anyone ever experienced similar problems, not necessarily related to the NetBeans RCP platform? Thanks in advance!

Sebastian

Return to “Development around libVLC”