libvlc for android problem with custom plug-in (migration from 2/3 years old libVLC)...

This forum is about all development around libVLC.
wcoder
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

libvlc for android problem with custom plug-in (migration from 2/3 years old libVLC)...

Postby wcoder » 15 Apr 2017 16:19

Hi,

First thanks to the team, in few year the compilation is more simple and very efficient, and the result is perfect on my device, for me VLC is the best player on all platform actually...

2 or 3 years ago with your help I create 2 plug-ins (grabber for audio & video) to extract data and inject it on my 3d & audio engine (simple java boostrap, and custom C++11 application), I stop development because hardware acceleration don't work for my target (minix android 4.4) with full hd video...

I decide to restart dev, I inject my plug-in to your new code :
1 - compile.sh to generate makefile and first build
2 - After I customize module makefile to add my plug-ins
3 - Finaly compile-libvlc.sh -a armeabi-v7a to rebuild libvlc.so : I check the binary my plug-ins is present.
4 - I migrate my project from eclipse to android studio, and instantiate my player
=> no crash, no assert, but i have problem with my plug-ins...

If I try to use only my audio out plug-ins, the sound is bad but the plugins is load and used (problem in my code i will solve this later).
But if I try to use my video out plug-ins, libVlc refuse to load it.

I modify VLC player to dump argument and it seems that --vout is not set on standard android player..
Is there a trick somewhere that inject the android vout plug-ins, or something's that avoid to set custom vout plug-ins on android version of the lib ?
=> How can I call my video out plug-ins ?
=> Is there's a way to list plugin's present on, libVLC.so, my plugins is maybe not include correctly...

Thanks for your help.

I have a Samsung pad SM-T810 (custom cyanogen 6.0.1).

wcoder
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: libvlc for android problem with custom plug-in (migration from 2/3 years old libVLC)...

Postby wcoder » 15 Apr 2017 19:00

Forgot my question I found... I don't put the right libvlc.so on my android studio lib folder... sometime a small nap is more efficient same hours of debugging ^_^...

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: libvlc for android problem with custom plug-in (migration from 2/3 years old libVLC)...

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 11 Jun 2017 16:57

:D
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Return to “Development around libVLC”