Getting information about Video Players/Status

This forum is about all development around libVLC.
VDIEng
New Cone
New Cone

Getting information about Video Players/Status

Postby VDIEng » 28 Feb 2015 17:57

I have constructed a multiviewer application around libVLC that can display up to 12 live video streams simultaneously. I have built the application using v2.2RC2 x64 for Windows utilizing C#:

Every once in a while the live video stream(s) appear to freeze and don't seem to recover unless I stop the player and restart it. Typically only one window will freeze, I ask the Video Player .IsPlaying and it responds with true even though from the user perspective it appears frozen.

When tools are available for getting more information about the video, or more importantly what are the correct questions to ask the player or media? Is there a specific logging function I should be utilizing? I know that the streams are still on the network and live, the same video may be in multiple windows and only a single instance will appear to freeze. Is there are initial values of the media player or media asset that I should consider changing to make the player more acceptable of faults or jitter?

This application work fine 98% of the time but my client is using it to monitor vital information and they often have 40 - 50 live stream going around the rooms. The sources are UDP multicast H.264 with AAC audio as produced by Axis cameras or VBrick 9000 encoders using RTP in this case.

If I can provide any further details please let me know.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Tim

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Getting information about Video Players/Status

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 01 Mar 2015 15:59

You should look at the logs.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Return to “Development around libVLC”