teletext and subtitles

This forum is about all development around libVLC.
slasktrat
New Cone
New Cone

teletext and subtitles

Postby slasktrat » 23 Aug 2010 19:54

Hi

I'm trying to write an application which uses vlc to play mpeg transport streams.

Some of these streams include teletext texttv and teletext subtitles, and the vlc application is able to display these subtitles just perfect. But when i try to display them in my application (via either libvlc_video_set_spu, libvlc_video_set_teletext or libvlc_toggle_teletext) nothing happends.

If i use libvlc_video_set_spu, i get 0 in return, which should mean success, and also the libvlc_video_get_spu updates and gives me the right index, but still no text is displayed.
Also, libvlc_video_set_teletext just causes my application to crash, no matter what page number i try to load.

Is there anything else i need to call to 'enable' the subtitles?

Here are the parameters i use when instanciating vlc: "-I dummy --ignore-config --no-video-title-show --udp-caching=1000 --clock-synchro=1 --video-filter=adjust:deinterlace --deinterlace-mode=discard --drop-late-frames --aspect-ratio=16:9"

Any help is appreciated :)

slasktrat
New Cone
New Cone

Re: teletext and subtitles

Postby slasktrat » 26 Aug 2010 09:50

No one?

rvs75
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby rvs75 » 27 Jul 2011 14:49

I have the same problem. Any news ? :oops:

I have also a problem with libvlc_video_set_teletext . Each time i call it, I have a "Tentative d'écriture dans un espace mémoire protégé" :-|

Edit : libvlc 1.1.11

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 27 Jul 2011 15:46

Are you sure there is even an SPU track (libvlc_get_spu_count() > 0) ?

Teletext functions look weird to me and I have no clue how they're even supposed to work. You'd better ask the guy who implemented them.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

rvs75
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby rvs75 » 27 Jul 2011 17:10

Are you sure there is even an SPU track (libvlc_get_spu_count() > 0) ?
I work with dvb-t stream. I test libvlc_get_spu_count and if > 0 then i call libvlc_video_get_spu_description to retrieve the subtitles list.
I split this list : teletext and others (the " 0 Disable" and dvb-subtitles principally). Dvb subtitle work very well but with teletext, nothing happens.
Teletext functions look weird to me ...
For me too. Teletext is not only subtitle. I don' understand why, in VLC, I need to go in "video->subtitles" menu to display the teletext (default page 100, subtitles are most often in page 888 or 889). Libvlc reflects this behaviour.
AMHA, I think teletext and subtitle need to be dissociated, but I can continue to write my program without this dissociation, if I know how to deal with actual Teletxt functions and it has no bugs.
You'd better ask the guy who implemented them.
Who is it ?
How I can ask him ?

Thanks anyway

milezm
New Cone
New Cone

Postby milezm » 02 Jul 2014 11:08

Hello!

In my case I forgot to copy text_renderer into plugins folder. When I copied it libvlc_video_set_teletext() began to work properly.

spider58
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby spider58 » 23 Jul 2014 08:31

Hello!

In my case I forgot to copy text_renderer into plugins folder. When I copied it libvlc_video_set_teletext() began to work properly.
hello. i have same problem. text_Renderer in my plugins directory

spider58
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby spider58 » 23 Jul 2014 08:32

I have the same problem. Any news ? :oops:

I have also a problem with libvlc_video_set_teletext . Each time i call it, I have a "Tentative d'écriture dans un espace mémoire protégé" :-|

Edit : libvlc 1.1.11
same problem

Return to “Development around libVLC”